Windows 8 RTM vs. Windows 7: Benchmarked

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Garbellano, Aug 16, 2012.

1. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Well, in general there is less difference between a OS X release that you pay for and a Windows release. That said, having very limited hardware options does allows for a much easier transition. It's probably the only upside of not having options, the downsides being if it were the case normally, that things would cost significantly ore and advances would occur at a slower pace.

2. ! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !

! .ĐΛЄMØИ. ! MDL Junior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Well thank god Windows 8 isn't a Vista brother in terms of performance.

Anyway could someone do a fresh Win8 boot and download GPU-Z and post their VRAM usage?

Curious to see how it differs from 7, it's around about 50 - 70 MB on 7.

3. acky

acky MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    There you go, fresh boot

vram.jpg

4. natostanco

natostanco MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2011
    I thought the same but it is not, I went back to a clean windows 7 for 1 week, and it was already slower than my installed win 8 1 month old

5. ! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !

! .ĐΛЄMØИ. ! MDL Junior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks man!

Hmm 90mb? Probably cuz of that Metro stuff running the background, Interesting.

6. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Wow! That's a HUGE memory consumption! Especially these days when RAM is cheap as socks.;)
    Better memory management? It's JUST a fuss...the memory management IS THE SAME as Win7, but IT SEEMS better due to the s**tty GUI. ;)
    Put Aero back in Win8 and I bet that the memory management will be worse in the same conditions.
    5 seconds on power-up? 10 on shutdown? :eek:
    I turn off my computer only when Windows requires it after major update install. Other than that I don't care about that "improvement"...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...