Windows 8 & Samsung Picks

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Eagle07, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Eagle07

Eagle07 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi!

I buy a Samsung NP900X4C with windows 7 in the begin of this year. And then i installed Windows 8 Pro (Buy it from Microsoft), with swupdate from Samsung to install all the drivers and everything works well.

I need to access "Samsung Picks" in Windows Store to download the aplications from Samsung. My problem is that store from Samsung disappear in Windows Store.

Thanks in advance

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You might have better luck finding results by posting something like this in a Samsung forum or by emailing it to a Samsung Tech Support

3. aliennumberseven

aliennumberseven MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    I also own NP900X4C but it came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I have noticed that when I refreshed my PC from within windows 8, I was unable to get an access to Samsung Store. But when I used F4 function key to refresh my PC, I get Samsung Store. I think with the function of F4, samsung run small script to enable their store and that script is not available when you refresh your pc from within Windows 8. But, on the other hand, if you refresh your PC using F4, you will lose Windows 8 and the system will be restored to factory setting with windows 7.

4. Eagle07

Eagle07 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    In Samsung Tech Support they don´t known how to resolve this problem. I have to make a new installation but with a Windows 8 from Samsung. I think that the problem is i installed an upgrade, Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft, and it is necessary a OEM file, that the Windows Store recognize my laptop as Samsung.

5. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    weill I don't know if this helps you but I came across this on the ms site concerning upgrades or whatnot to windows 8, it says

"If you purchase a new PC with an addition of Windows 8 preinstalled and you later upgrade that PC with Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8 Media Center Pack, a volume license edition, or a retail edition, you will no longer be able to install apps that are provided exclusively from your PC manufacturer through the Windows Store. "

6. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Are you missing specific drivers or something? Why the need to install this pack?

7. aliennumberseven

aliennumberseven MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    Samsung provides some apps through windows apps store as free which are otherwise paid. That is why it is good to have "Samsung Picks"

8. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Ahh... If this gent is patient, they might have a similar deal for 8.1 after the General Availability or soon thereafter.
    It's possible that it takes some time for things to get added here and there and make sure everything is compatible.

9. Eagle07

Eagle07 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for your help!

The problem is this, i installed the Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft (No OEM) and Media Center and now i need to reset the laptop to factory settings.... :(

"If you purchase a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled and you later upgrade that PC with Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8 Media Center Pack, a volume license edition, or a retail edition, you will no longer be able to install apps that are provided exclusively from your PC manufacturer through the Windows Store.
    Apps that are exclusive to your PC manufacturer, or OEM, are only available on OEM versions of Windows 8. Unfortunately, this means there is no way to have both a feature pack and also have access to these exclusive apps at the same time.

If you added a feature pack, and need to regain access to these OEM-exclusive apps, you will need to return your PC to factory settings."