Windows 8 show an extra 2 unallocated space

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by catdog215, Feb 4, 2013.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 catdog215, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't think you need to be worry! I had the same once with an older SATA HDD and after done a low level formatting and re-install of windows 8 those were gone. That just seems to be some "soft"-error's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #3 KNARZ, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    how does computer managemant look like? - shouldn't do any problems, but next time just use 'clean' within diskpart.
    you also could run diskpart to list the partitions if there is something within the mbr.

4. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    Well look into it after work.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Clean normally is OK, but! Clean didn't format Track Zero in which those unallocated space is normally located. Even formatting just deletes only the first letter of the content stored there. Only Low Level formatting is clearing and cleaning completely.

Over the years I learned that a Low Level formatting is sometimes on order or even a revitalizing of the full HDD! Most error on HDD's are "Soft" Errors, more than 80% from my own experiences. Those soft error could be cleared using the appropriate tools/apps. That also what the Professional's using for Data Recovery. A small part of my business is Data Recovery from damaged storage media's for which we charge in case of success only.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #6 pisthai, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Sorry, you may right in many thing but regarding Low Level formatting and Revitalizing of new standard HDD's! I didn't talk about SSD's!

And just from the part of logic: Why such apps would be updated and even a few new were developed if such work isn't supported or useless? In fact there is a very good reason for the developer for to do that!

7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I ran into this problem using a sata I cable on a sata II system a long time ago. It caused a bunch of errors, so I tried to use some sort of disk recovery boot cd.
    That program errored out as I hadn't fixed the problem, but when I finally figured it all out it had that 0 / 0 issue that you have in your pic.
    I suspect that you have done something similar with some sort of hard drive tool or format utility.

The good news is that the hard drive will work just fine. I haven't had any problems since on my drive since I used sata II or III cables, and I have never had any slowness or error issues.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  10. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Wait! some funny office examples are on the way.. :mauridia::laie:

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    How I ever could expect that your answer would be polite? That's something which seem to just impossible for you or it's maybe against your Ego?!

You also no able to understand written words at it seems to be! I didn't talked about the manufacturing process instead about the process used in their laboratories, as example for Data Recovery of customers HDD's after they had problem and needed the Data!

And who talked about SpinRite and ShieldUp etc. etc? It didn't were me in any means, it was just YOU who was bring that up!

If you didn't learn to be polite, please don't wonder if you didn't get the answer you're looking for. And you should also learn to stay to the rules, not of one of this forum only, also about the existing Copyright Law! Many of the pictures you're posted, which includes the one above, I hardly believe that you have an permit to republish them. First clear the dirt in front your door before looking to one of others! Or simplified siad, just be polite.

Have a nice day!

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First at all, Low Level formatting and Revitalizing are two different procedures which working completely different! But how I could expect that you know that? You just shown again that you didn't have any knowledge about those!

Secondly, I would give confidential information only to those people I know in person and also know I could trust them! And YOU for sure nobody of those persons. To give a proof would nothing else mean than give data of Customers, also a Member from MDL, etc. out in public without prior permission. I'm not like you!

And I'm not offended in any way because you're a nobody for me who couldn't offend me.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Unfortunately it's you who want to "see" something what you didn't understand because of lack of knowledge!

Bye.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er.....! forget to mention: from now you'll need to talk to yourself!

16. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    WoW thanks for all the info. I was expecting a simple answer of y it causes to have 2 extra unallocated space with zero (0mb). But it's all good.. Learn quite a few both here and link. :)

thx all