Windows 8 Upgrade DVD ISO is different from MSDN?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by IND, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #61 pisthai, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    @urie:

If the SHA-256 Checksum from on image is the exact same as from an other image, those 2 images must be 100% identical, or am I wrong?

AFAIK, I could NOT calculate a checksum from an complete drive, in this case from an USB Drive. Or is there a way to do that? And if, would/should be the checksum the exact same as from an ISO Image?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Those checksum are for ISO not of files inside ISO... To check difference.. mount iso & then use tool mentioned previously to compare files from each drive...

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    No i am not disappointed... its was you who told me to accept it or leave it... Acceptance cant be in air...
    If you have queries regarding our experience then many are here to give appropriate acceptable answer with proof.
    But you experience is unique that lacks many details & answers... So no one here treating you as Guinea Pig... its you who claimed very loudly with your office employee examples & answering every one the same thing which is unique to you and you only ....

Stop tolling with something that is not possible...

5. IND

IND MDL Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I think u buy pirated copy of windows 8 actually the store manager fooled you .

6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    :w00t2::haha: Sorry could't resist... Now who will lose the job?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If checksums for the iso files are the same then the files will be exactly the same no need to do file compare doesn't matter if booting from DVD,or USB via ISO file or folder. Change 1 file or even a letter in a document on the ISO and the checksums would be different.

8. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yes...
    Files are same inside ISO but not inside USB(Used in this case)... To check that file comparison is required.... Else no reason for same build to give different setup experience. Method used to install DVD, ISO or USB don't matter...