Windows 8 vs 7

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by anima, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SwampFox56

SwampFox56 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    This thread is opinion based, ergo there is no "right" answer

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

2. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Windows 8 ... but it needs few days to become familiar with it, then it feels like Windows 7 with extras ... it is said already here that Windows 8 boots up super fast with SSD, makes sleep almost useless ... you can also run programs in Windows 7 mode, if there is any problem ...

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    I was doing that, you were the one who took it personal. Think before you speak, my dear friend.

1st: I say Windows 8 blows, 'cause its become just a front-end for MS store.
    2nd: You and all the Win8 "fans" take it personally, like I'd slit your throat or something.
    3rd: Relax, enjoy your Win8 - don't scream in pain when somebody's pointing the freakin' flaws of the Win8 OS.
    4th: I couldn't care less about your virtues/vices even if you were the pope or obama. (I don't have either.)
    5th: Think before you speak. ;) Always.

P.S. No bunnies were harmed in making this post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Nah, I love Win7 just as much as Win8, it doesn't affect me. Like I said before, I have no problem using Win7 start menu (classic preferred) nor do I have a problem using Win8. What my interest partly had been was that, experiencing how easy it is to use Start Screen, I could see how many people had such a problem with it, so when people make posts about Modern UI, etc., I wanted to say how easy it was to use. Personally, I don't mind at all if you like Win7 more, I also use it still on several PC's! Just saying, it is easy to misunderstand if you lean a certain way in your thinking, which I don't.

PS: I always think before I speak :) Again, you try to dig at me as though I don't. Again, this is why I made the comment about you being condescening before. Then, when I come back to you with the truth, you will say, "It's a joke." And then, "Sorry you cannot take jokes." How arrogant of you. It has nothing to do with me at all. It is all how you act and speak. You read back, and see what really is going on. You have these lofty lines in your signature, but your conduct is not even close to them. Not even close.

I can see you need the last word always, it is not about what is right or wrong or honest. So from now on I will no longer reply to you at all, so this will be my last post to you. This way, you can have the last word. You see how nice I am? But I will say this: everyone with an eye to see can see you :D Now, it is done.

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Guys calm down...this starts to get boring/annoying and is not related to that topic though :dots:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Tell me about it... And I agree fully. In fact, these were the points I had been making. But I don't find it very useful or respectful to make personal digs that are unwarranted. If I am guilty of them, they certainly were not unwarranted. But like I said, I will not engage with him anymore. My posts have been about sharing my findings, but I guess there will always be people being negative and reactionary. Lesson learned.

7. kvic

kvic MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    If you are using windows 7 and have had no trouble ,stick with it and give w8 some time ,unless you you feel your missing something (and your not) so my advice w7 for now.

8. ace2

ace2 Guest

My Opinion:

Windows 8 feel faster/smoother/cleaner

My Setup:

Disable Ribbon
    Disable Lock Screen
    Skip Start Screen
    Install StartIsBack
    Install Dotnetfx3
    Install DirectX Redistributable
    Install TakeOwnership
    Setup gpedit.exe
    Setup Windows 8 Services (SafeSetup)

BAD Point:
    No Aero Transparency.:(

9. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012

I don't believe you. Its not more stable and its not faster and how many customers do you have? One?

10. ace2

ace2 Guest

In your Opinion (No Need to Get Personal) Stay :cool:

11. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Not my opinion, win 7 has been around for awhile now and there is no way a new OS is more stable than a mature one,exspecially ine that has som many changes from the last one. NO WAY.
    I used Win 8 for 2 months and i know its not, period. I have also not seen a group of more than three were at least one of them hated it and wanted to go back.

If you disagree please show me something that is more stable just one thing, I'll wait. As for people saying its clean and snappy I say are you comparing it to a new clean win 7 install or their old win 7 install? If you install Win 7 freah is it every bit as fast and stable, if not more so.

I also didn't get personal I simply stated i don't believe him and I base that on my real experence with it and all you have to do is look online and see MANY MANY people are going back so either he doesn't have many customers or he is refusing to help them go back. Nothing persoanl about that.
    But if the poster thinks so I'm sorry I should have included a smiley or something :p

I'm not a MS hater this is the first MS OS since Win 95 I haven't wanted or installed ASAP on release and many I had before release and that includes win ME and Vista. I only installed it because I got it for 15 bucks and I've gone back to Win 7 and feel like I've come home have a long bad vaction.

Win 8 and the direction MS is trying to take Windows (and this is my opinion) sucks, hell even half the people that like it turn it into a win 7 clone and that should tell you something. Oh look that was you above that turned your Win 8 into a Win 7 clone. If Win 8 is so good why did you do that?

12. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Who had early W 7.7600 knows that W7 has not stable like today.I refer that was installed on a laptop in June 2009 and buggs was many..:eek:

13. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    According to the fact Win 8 is basically a highly optimized Win 7, with that Metro GUI put on, it will still stay Win 8, even with most Metro-Features disabled. So some here simply use the best of both worlds. You ask why we do, answer is, because we can :D.

14. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Correct no new OS is more stable. Its never happened before and it didn't happpen this time either. ;)

15. Vogt

Vogt Guest

#95 Vogt, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    Of course, Windows 7.

Yes, you are right.

16. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Where did you hear that "fact"? It’s a heavily customized version of Win 7 with another OS slapped on top of that with so many changed its no way in hell more stable or highly optimized, yet. :cool:

17. ace2

ace2 Guest

IF Microsoft PUT Start Menu & Aero Transparency Back & you could Disable Metro-Features & Start Screen Windows 8 would be a hit My Opinion.:D

18. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    What aggressive behaviour, sweet. Refuse discussing further, thank you anyway :D.

19. Vogt

Vogt Guest

#99 Vogt, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    It would be just the same Windows 7.
    You can use Windows 7 right now, without wasting money for Win 8, without wasting time for reinstalling and migration.

For desktop:
    Win8 = Win7 - minus, a customizable interface, including transparency (this is bad) - minus Start menu (this is bad and uncomfortable) + plus Metro (it's like a permanent banner, and it's bad).

And nothing more than wasting time.

20. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    It would certainly be better with out them trying to force that phone OS on our desktops where it doesn't belong thats for sure. I might even like it then. :)