Windows and Toshiba laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Smart86, Jan 2, 2014.

1. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #41 redroad, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

Dude , Well I hope your a Dude lol .... Any ways I want to say a big thank you for being really cool in helping me learn and understand some new stuff . I would like to give you something for it but I need to pm you if you would allow . So , could I PM you ?

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    @Smart86 No gift necessary .. I am just happy to help where I can ;)

So did you get the cert and key installed ?

4. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

#44 Smart86, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    (OP)
    I was up all night last night , I couldn't sleep . I had nothing to do so I started going through my storage room . What I found was a recovery for this laptop . I don't remember creating them , it must of happen when this member of my family first bought the laptop , any ways I gave them a try and it worked . It installed back to original factory setting ( VHP ) . I'm doing MS updates as I type . But I also want to finish what we started . Its something new to me and I would love to be able to do it . Though I need another hard drive . What I wanted to tell you in pm is a movie / tv shows website were you can stream free or have a premium account . Premium have a faster and more server option . Its a really good one and its kind of like those member only type . If you want to know it let me pm you the website , if not ? Then thank you for all you done and I hope your not pi$$ed. You can also google the site .

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #45 redroad, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    No worries :biggrin: When you get another HD we will finish .. More then likely there is bloatware in factory recover anyway and if you want to get rid of it a fresh install would be whats needed .. Main thing your up and running :thumbsup: Good on you for staying with it :D .. Pm me anytime

edit: I see my box was full :doh::D fixed ..

6. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

Your so right it does . I'm uninstalling them as well . Dude, I do want to finish what we started some time soon . I will get another HDD ... To me this has been a learning experience which I really want to know .... And you been a great help . Okay, I pm you ... Let me know what you think ? Thanks :worthy:

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #47 LatinMcG, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    toshiba fact .. hold 0 and press power to do factory restore since vista. (not for formatted hdd as restore is gone)

why are u choosing vista over 7?

u can flash latest bios from ISO not windows for safety purposes.. and likely has slic 2.1 for win 7 activation.. if not we can mod it.

what is your model laptop under it ? L305D-#### ? or

8. JamesCaan

JamesCaan MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    It is a Toshiba Satellite A200-AH5

9. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

I just want to load the original OS and I have with the recovery disks