Windows Blue 9364 - Watermark Remnants and TV Tuner Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by itsmemario1, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    yes my inbox is all empty now and you can pm me all you want:biggrin5:

we should stop this off topic posting:D

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To be honest to ALL members of MDL:

I didn't reported JessicaAlba and if she/he was getting banned, than because of her/his insulting and accusing behaviour!
    In the past few month, I reported 3 (three) different members of MDL because of their accusing and insulting comments directly pointed at me, 1 of them are permanently banned and 1 has cancel his account at MDL while the third is still an active member.

As I always use an polite and gracious wording and didn't accusing or insulting other members of this forum, I could expect that others do the same to me. I also asked several members for act as normal and honest human beings which seems to be impossible for some of them. In that regard I reserve my right for to report those members and ask for to remove their comments if they didn't stopping for to act with their insulting and accusing behave.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    :w00t2: :applause:

4. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    #24 Jessica Alba, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    you are lucky because you took my advice to ignore him :roll1:
    he is an acid-tongued instigator like to stir up things just to draw attention, in past year god know how many member got banned because of him.

5. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yes, that was nice advice.... It really helped, its worthless to point unique experiences every other day.. :yeah:

6. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    This thread should be locked I think... There are almost two pages of offtopic talks.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    I kind of hate this being a generic answer for anything that goes wrong in alpha/beta/anything non-RTM builds of... anything. Pretty much just a cover-up answer for those who really have no idea what's wrong :cool:

How about an actual reason, or at least something more detailed? Maybe something like Win Blue changes the way the TV tuner interacts with the OS, and some hardware might require re-written drivers? (note I have no idea if that's the case though; but such an answer would better come from someone who actually knows what they're talking about)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I wouldn't say that. Problem is, that as long as there not any detailed infos about (from manufacturer/devceloper) those problems, it would be difficult to give an answer, if any. The answer could had be simple: I don't know! but as given, it pointed also that maybe it's possible to have some more infos in some time.

For to give an more detailed answer, if any, there need to be some knowledge already. What's trigger a problem, special using an new system, which also has a new basic system file called Kernel, can come from many different "directions", in many case: Drivers.

For to be able to talk with existing knowledge about such, would need "insider" or "inside" information. Don't forget that this (alpha)-OS ist just a few day's available. And you could be sure that there a lot people working on it to get the needed infos. Just they need a bit of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    I was using the "DriverVer=08/02/2005,3.3.23.12" and the acer site wasnt offering anything new. Clicking through all the different aspire models didnt reveal anything other then different tv tuners beeing used.

When googeling for "avermedia m115 beta driver" the version 3.3.23.69 shows up on various spam/driverupdate/uninstaller sites and most of them wouldnt really offer a driver download. :(

But by clicking through the sites I was able to find "DriverVer=06/25/2006,3.3.23.69" on a german site.

(Im not allowed to post links yet, but this is the link)
    h**p://w*w.treiberupdate.de/treiber-download/download-175476-treiber-Acer-Extensa5200Notebook%28TVTunerAvermediaM115%29.html

The driver installed without problems and the TV signal went from "very very bad" to "very bad". At least I had clear sound from now on. Still, too much white noise, no matter where I placed the antenna.

Even the windows 7 enjoys the "new" driver and still offers a great signal.

Maybe the "Windows media Center" dislikes my antenna. Maybe WMC wasnt made for watching TV via an old avermedia minipci...Ill test the other software again. The software that didnt work before.