Windows Blue & Desktop death nonsense explained

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TecMan, May 4, 2013.

1. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    nice article :D

3. eydee

eydee Guest

This is the point. And this is why they might just f*** up in the end. The writer of the article forgets one important thing: Operating system != Windows.

4. Ph0tek

Ph0tek MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    I just read "This is nothing more than a service pack. That's it." and stopped there. It's clearly not a SP! It's a new OS with a new kernel, performance improvements and new features, apps and software. The guy seems like an idiot.

Desktop isn't going anywhere though. Anyone who thinks it is is an idiot. End of discussion.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    fully understand where the thread is going, since I have commented on the article itself. Maybe you missed the part of the article where it refers to hardware.

6. johnone

johnone MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    One point the writer has wrong

Landline phone vs. mobile phone

"What do you have to say now? Why didn't the landline phone vanish? How come? After all, the mobile phone is almost identical to the landline, if not superior, right? And let us not talk about smartphones. Still, for some reason, the landline remains, and it has not vanished.
    The reason, again is - functionality. Landlines do not need recharging, for example. And they have other merits and uses, those that are not met by the mobile and smart devices. As you can see, a pattern begins to emerge, and you realize that you have been reading the wrong kind of articles until now. "

Guess the writer does not know anyone under 30 years old
    That age group seldom has land line phones

7. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    #9 solarstone2149, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    a lul
    you are a true moron claiming that
    but keep living in your fantasy world

8. JakeBickel

JakeBickel MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Those under 30 are accustomed to the poor audio quality and drop-outs inherent in the mobile phone.

9. johnone

johnone MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    Goes back to functionality
    The best phone is the phone that you have easy access to
    I am on my phone (blue tooth) every day during my commute
    and don't have drop out problems

BTW I am far older then 30 <G>
    And do not own a smartphone

10. Deano019S

Deano019S MDL Novice

May 15, 2011
    haha good read

11. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    you claim that guy is an idiot, meantime you are saying to us you are an idiot too.... so grown up, be smart and until that day...please hide yourself:bash:
    Furthermore you do not read the article, so why you comment here at all?
    We have plenty of Metro/Lego lovers:D here, most of them are smart and explain their ideas in a reasonable way....

so now, all that smart lovers, please give a good explanation why touch experience is better than desktop, and why desktop will die...

so about purpose, Tablets and Phones(...) with the lego game may be good only for chitchatting, some picture sharing, and playing games(why tablet has poor camera, instead of phones having a full HD one???? nonsense so...)
    But lego game has nothing more or is better than Android or iOS, the first one is even cheaper and fully customizable and compatible with everything.....

Finally ....Ph0tek that guy is simply expressing their ideas in a smart way, explaining what is real.......providing some fixed points....

everyone thinks by its own, there always be good and smart points here at MDL, but it will be a fancy, non smart people too following just the fashion of something new to show off....

this is the case of whom are saying new ModerN/metro/lego whichever name has is better than desktop experience...

NO, NO it is not better, it is only for different purposes, and it is not better or worser than iOS or Android....just different point of view and usage....

just greed of Money Microsoft..... nothing innovative ATM...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. rosie_hair

rosie_hair MDL Novice

May 6, 2013
    The article is the biggest load of strawman BS I've ever seen. Nobody has ever said that the desktop will die. No one. Not even Microsoft. That is why there is still a desktop OPTION in windows 8. You have the option to use it in a desktop environment or a touch environment. What is it about having the OPTION don't people understand? Why is having the option to use windows 8 as either a touch or desktop environment bad? I don't get that. I don't get why people feel the need to make up a strawman argument.