Windows Blue will be available via Store for free

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, May 14, 2013.

1. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Missing the whole point. MJF is NOT the source in any way of: "Additional info from MS staff:
    -Boot to desktop will be supported
    -There will be no start button or Aero transparency (IMHO: very good decision)
    -Technet ISOs will be updated for Blue RTM build when it will be available
    -MS will update theme engine to avoid UxStyleCore solution (Who cares. :) )" Why ppl don't read first?

2. ms-7

ms-7 MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2011
    #22 ms-7, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    I know who she is, I didn't said that her articles are not true but you miss my point. even i liked every article of her and yep because she has very strong accuracy record.

Here's my point what i said in previous post.
    There are only two possibilities of the Information. either it is Official ( Comes directly from 1st part; MS here) or Unofficial (Comes from 3rd party; MJF here)
    So any news that comes Unofficially about 1st Party is regarded as Rumor (Doesn't matter how accurate it is) until it is either Confirmed or denied by 1st Party.

So what i was saying is we don't know her tipster (who is very accurate mostly) is working for MS or not.

Edit: Either way it doesn't matter about MJF's Source as long as it is accurate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    You obviously NOT GETTING THE POINT

We know MJF is not the source, we established that already. She reports from trusted sources from inside M$.

-As of her reports (From the M$ insiders), there will be a start button (M$ has heard the negativity from the withdraw of it).
    -Aero is gone forever (We already knew that, it was a resource hog).
    -Its not Windows "Blue", its Windows 8.1 and obviously it will be released on technet.
    -Windows always tries to update the theming engine but its always a loosing battle.

4. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    So, what the hell are we arguing about :bash:. We all know Foley! And we know those things! :roflmao:

5. geddeeee

geddeeee MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    I don't know why there was any doubt that '8.1' would be free.. It's a Service Pack!!!

6. donalgodon

donalgodon MDL Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I know why there was any doubt that '8.1' would be free.. It's Micro$osft!!

7. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Most probably a integrated ISO.
    (code name) Blue

8. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I feel nitpicky today.

Aero is not gone. In fact, in Windows 8, Aero is now always on and is impossible to turn off or disable. The only thing gone is the Aero Glass style. And yes, good riddance. I hated that and much rather prefer the clean crisp lines of the new style. Glass is not Aero. Aero is not Glass. Do not confuse the two.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're 100% right with your comment! But there's one exception: MJF could only report what she get from her sources and will rely on her judgement that those infos are true and correct. It wouldn't be the first time that even MS is spreading false information around and MJF isn't an MS Insider or Employee!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
  11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    AFAIK, its the title of the post, not the thread itself.

The title of the thread can only be modified by mods or admins.

12. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    hahahahahahaha and mine!!!!

13. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Me too, Mm.... I think they want to overthrow the existing activations made ​​permanent by the loophole from the offer of WMC.:ball2:

14. Arkansaw

Arkansaw MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2010
    not a problem if you don't use Windows 8 or have access to MSDN accounts :p

15. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    curious about them not having a live account but only work local-wise. To get the Blues, store must be functional

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    and store works with MS account only, if logged in!

17. ms-7

ms-7 MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2011
  18. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Eh, I don't use a MS account and I delete the Store shortcut from Metro...

Hopefully Blue is available as an installable image.

19. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    it certainly will as newcomers have to buy it as a stand alone version at the same price as was on W8

20. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    +1

No MS account, no store login. But have a legally bought Windows 8 Pro. In other words, MS must make sure all legal customers can get their hands on 8.1 without disclosing their private data. Of course, it they want another EU lawsuit... :cool: