$Windows. ~BT Folder Creation from an ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by david_xross_2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Can the $Windows. ~BT be created if one has a corresponding iso and can Windows be upgraded from there?

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You shouldn't. It will mess with the process if you do it yourself.
    You should only run windows setup from the root of a windows dvd\usb

3. david_xross_2

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks for the advice :). Actually I was concerned about the activation if I upgraded from an ISO.

1. If I upgraded from an ISO (on a usb stick) without an internet connection, will it be activated?

2. If I upgraded from an ISO (mounted on the HDD) without an internet connection, will it be activated?

I have a legit W8.1 Pro w/ Media Center (Dreamspark+Legit Media Center Add on)..

4. david_xross_2

Aug 31, 2012
    And GWX is still making me wait for the upgrade :weep:

Attached Files:

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Dismiss that imbecile bugger, get the ISO from MS and start the upgrade manually. Actually no need to wait :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. solar742

solar742 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    The media creation tool can be used to upgrade to windows 10. microsoft. com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    You can download the iso or upgrade using the tool (it activates after installation if your wondering). If you choose the upgrade option in the tool make sure your system locale is set as English(US) or it'll give you an error.

7. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    There has been some reported issues om mounted ISO, might be better to burn it if u still got a player or use USB

8. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #8 HALIKUS, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Not 100% true. I have the setup files zipped (minus the wims) and extract them on the fly to c:\Arch as needed, and then export the SKU i want to upgrade to. Its how i handle multi wim \ multi arch upgrade setups.

This is simple autoit upgrade script. Its missing the gui that you supply the index.

Code:
     If $Upgrades_Wim = " " Then
    Global $Upgrades_Wim = FileOpenDialog("Install.wim file", $SourcesDir, "Install files (*.*)", 16)
    EndIf

$WimIndexUpgradeRead = GUICtrlRead($EnterInputWimIndexUpgrade)

SplashTextOn("Upgrade to 10", "Preparing Setup Files.  If it fails remove USBs and retry " & $Homedrive & "\" & @OSArch & "\setup.exe", -1, 40, -1, 0, 0, "", 10)

_Unzip(@ScriptDir & "\Apps\" & @OSArch & ".7z", $Homedrive & "\" & @OSArch)
    RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $imagex & ' /Export "' & $Upgrades_Wim & '" ' & $WimIndexUpgradeRead & ' "' & $Homedrive & '\' & @OSArch & '\sources\install.wim"')
    SplashOff()

Run($Homedrive & '\' & @OSArch & '\setup.exe')
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Start Upgrade", "The upgrade process is about to begin.  If it fails remove any USB sticks and retry " & $Homedrive & "\" & @OSArch & "\setup.exe")
    Exit

9. david_xross_2

Aug 31, 2012
    Updating now from the ISO.:)