Windows Download Integrator

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Alphawaves, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Adding that amount of updates will always cause setup failures, you need to know which updates you can integrate (this is not a WDI problem)..:eek:
    Just SP integration now then im done!!!:worthy::D

2. Lucas Rey

Lucas Rey MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Dear Alphawaves,
    in a previous version a was able to integrate data.dat file. Is that feature removed on 3.3 version? Or I am missing something? o_O

3. AndrewHoward

AndrewHoward MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    It was an hour and a half until the process is complete,I've been expecting you have more than one.

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    There's a convert or add MCE option. That should integrate it's own data.dat automatically; if you want to add your own then that's up to you but you can always use the convert option and later replace the data.dat it put in with your own if you wish. I *think* I've found that I must do things in a certain order but I forget what - perhaps integrate all updates and *then* convert to MCE??? Anyway, I haven't had time to experiment more lately but I will sometime.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. darl_light

darl_light MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2011
    Yeah, tnq for reply but how do i know which updates can add or which not ?
    LoL xD Alpha Its alredy Windows 7 SP1 iso :D Any help please ???

6. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    Dear and honored MDL friends,

First I want to wish everyone a new year with many challenges, and with these many achievements and overruns in every way that we can make even more friends and also share our knowledge because of a great book is worth nothing if it is in fund a safe picking fungi and dust ... For me this app is great, saves me a lot of work and makes it very simple and quick, so I thought it would be possible to ask you to nominate me for a similar work Office files, as this would also be greatly appreciated and a tool I think not only for me but for many others who like me working in the iT jungle.

Thank you in advance to everyone and wish them success in all that are involved.

A big hug

Marcelo "Sushi"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. darl_light

darl_light MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2011
    Im trying Win 7 ult x32 sp1 also i have instaled win 7 sp1 x32 on my pc

8. leezaal

leezaal MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    Great program but i have a problem... I tried to enable dotnetfx35 in a Windows 8 x86 image via WDI it said it enabled the feature ok so i made an ISO and mounted it in virtualbox.
    After it installed i tried running a program and it popped up with the dredded you need to download files to enable net 2.0 30 etc so i guess it's not working right in version 3.3. yet!

9. haksancan

haksancan MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2011
    hi,
    i try to customize a windows 8 image on a windows 7 machine. however WDI uses the old imagex and dism from win7's system folder, even though i've installed win8 deployment tools and added it to system PATH. how can i make WDI to use the new dism and imagex?

10. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Wonderful UI dude, love to see and love to use.

COOL.

11. Pareto Optimal

Pareto Optimal MDL Senior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I haven't read this thread for a while but where it says to point to DVDs, I can point to ISOs, right?
    Or, should I pull the data out of the ISOs into working folders for the program to use myself?
    Thanks

12. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Yes to the first sentence, or you can do the other you mention - either way.

13. oldee

oldee MDL Member

May 27, 2012
    #573 oldee, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    I've been waiting update v3.4 as he is working on it. Meantime Please some one post and guide "How to use full installation this WDI v3.3 with delete default en-US Language and add Korean ko-KR (make default)" for me. This is first time to use this tool and hard to find out for how to full instruction. Please help me. Thank you.

14. zebras

zebras MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2013
    After the ISO file I choose is extracted I get an error message that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and I can no longer continue.

I made sure that my .NET framework was up to date.

Any ideas as to how to get past this error?

15. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    #575 abbodi1406, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. MrChuCong

MrChuCong MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
  17. stashek

stashek MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2012
    hello guys!!everything works perfect..but only one question.How can I integrate drivers-what type.file or ??? Thanks in advance!

18. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Selection for drivers I made as an add folder (of drivers) it will search for*.inf files and integrate the drivers it finds.. I will have a new release for this soon, lifes been hectic for me for a while.. :(

19. abxccd

abxccd MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2007
    I am seeing a strange bug here.

Many months ago, I was able to use an older version of WDI to integrate language packs into ISOs from MSDN.

Today, I am trying to integrate en-us x86 language pack to Windows 8 Enterprise French (x86).

Everything seems to be fine, but then it gets stuck at "Mount cleanup progress - 100%". It's been a very long time and it is still doing that. The program does not seem to be crashed, but nothing seems to happen (no hard disk activity etc).

I will try with an older version tomorrow, but any ideas is nice :)

20. newsride

newsride MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2011
    Thank you Apha! When you post a new v3.4 in coming, could you put usefull step-by-step instructon for first time user. TIA