Windows Enterprise or Pro Education for gaming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gensou, Apr 13, 2017.

1. gensou

gensou MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2014
    What is the primary difference between these two version of windows, is it mostly a licensing difference?
    I really can't stand cortana and the store. I'm trying to find a version of windows without cortana and store but also with the least amount of useless services.

I miss TinyXP and Tiny7. o_O

2. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    And I miss XP Pro. Without touching the question of whether this topic belongs here or in the Windows 10 section, I’d say that for gaming you need the slimmest and fastest version. And that should be the Home edition with lots of memory. Of course, the graphics card processor are also important.

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Katz are correct maybe this thread is moved to another and correct section :g:but in topic I don't can talk yet something because in daybreak I install Windows version show in my sig so I haven't time to install hard games the one installed is my favorite and works fine is Chess version for Windows 10 (that works fine in 14393 rs1 and 15063 rs2) no issues in another time I talk my impressions :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lodge

Lodge MDL Novice

May 31, 2016
    I've heard lots of people recommend the Enterprise, LTSB, and Server versions for gaming. LTSB doesn't include Cortana I believe, and is generally "basic", intended for mission-critcal machines. I would recommend the LTSB release, from my own personal experiences.

Here are the differences between Pro, Home, Education, and Enterprise.
    [​IMG]