Windows explorer replacement -- Xyplorer

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by krushna, Dec 24, 2010.

1. krushna

krushna MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2010
    Respected readers welcome,

After using several programs i discovered Xyplorer, it has all the features which many of them
    where missing.Even Total commander hasn't got some of them like Undo/redo,customizable
    keyboard shortcuts etc...Directory opus also fails in comparison to this in easy usage.Don't take
    my word for belief compare yourselves. The greatest things are that i am discovering new
    features every month and the developer of Xy "Donald" improves Xy daily.

Main features--
    1) Dual pane file manager with tabs.
    2) Queued file operations.
    3) One-click previews of all important image, audio.
    4. Undo/redo of file operations
    5. Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
    6. Powerful file search.

Also one can set single key shortcuts for back/forward like "[" for back and
    "]" for forward,usually in win explorer this happens by alt+left arrow/right arrow.
    Set "/" for root of the folder,which takes u to d: or c: even though one is in deep sub-folders.

raama--raama

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Good program I have used it myself but like total commander not free. Its like old windows explorer in windows 3.11 when you had dual panes then M$ scr*wed things up.

3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    GPSoftware Directory Opus FTW!!! I've been using it since it was originally made for the Commodore Amiga around 1990, and have paid for both version 6 and version 9, which are made for Windows and am currently using. There is NO other Windows Explorer out there that has such a refined interface and such extraordinary capabilities. True, I don't even use it to the extent that it's capable but it has features that none other has which I have come to rely on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I also used directory opus on the amiga:)