windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nitinsharma, Feb 21, 2013.

1. nitinsharma

nitinsharma MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    hi everyone i am facing the below issue and want immediate solution.
    my laptop details:

dell studio 1435

when i am formating my laptop with windows7 usb drive it completed 85% and after that i am geeting the below error:
    windows boot manager

windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix problem:
    1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. choose your language settings, and then click "next."
    3.click "repair your computer."

if you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

info:A required device is not connected or can not be accessed.

Enter: Os selection

when i click on enter it go to another window where it shows us to press F8 but when i m pressing f8 it goes to same error window.

1) when i restarted it start with dell logo i press F2,F12,F10 all three i have press to open bios setting but nothing works it will go to same window so now i a not able to get into windows bios setup

2) i tried to format it again as my dvd writer does not work so i tried with usb when i restarted my laptop it does not load the files and agin redirect to the same error window.

so i have tried all these things to solve the problem but nothing works:(

please help me to solve the problem.Thanks in advance :)

2. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Just a thought, is the keyboard working?

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    likely ram or hard disk failure... or bad dvd drive interrupting hdd operation.

on dell laptops . diagnostic is started by
    hold Fn and power on
    see if tests pass.

4. ~MBCENT~

~MBCENT~ MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    i had the same problem.

i tested the hard disk with hiren's bootcd and it had some bad sectors.

i replaced with an old hard disk i had laying around and no problems since.

5. pirategeek

pirategeek MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2013
    As I understand, you aren't getting inside the BIOS. To enter BIOS in any DELL laptop, press F2 without using the 'Fn' modifier key. It is note that Function keys in a laptop work as normal F keys (i.e., without modifier) before the OS loads. Enter the bios, change the boot drive order and reinstall windows. That's the best option. Of course, you can use the installation disc to repair the installation existing. Feel free to contact me. :)