Windows License and Info Tool

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AUAnonymous, Aug 30, 2009.

1. AUAnonymous

AUAnonymous MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Make sure you are running the Windows License and Info Tool.exe, not Program.bat.
    I compiled the program into an .exe using a Program called QuickBFC and you have to use the %MYFILES% environment variable to link to outside files.

2. Jopplehead

Jopplehead MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks! Another cool tool :)

3. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Ah... OK, I was just looking through the batch files just to see what it does and where.
    Nice job.

4. AUAnonymous

AUAnonymous MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Version 1.2 is up, thanks for everyone who has left feedback/tips so far, you've been a big help :D

5. smurf5599

smurf5599 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2007
    Hi version 1.1 worked a treat for me :)

Many thanks for the good work...

Smurf

6. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Just a thing. Well done. Nice program. Wouldn't it be good to remove your keys from the screenshot? Just in case of a blacklist?

7. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Yap...finally got the 1.2...going to try it out. Thanks!

Nice.

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #28 HotCarl, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Many of those are all old keys, already released to the public. I have a copy of many of those keys in a text file I have that was posted on another forum almost a month ago. Does not matter at this point since the keys are already disseminated throughout the 'net. It would probably make the mods happy though if you blurred the image of the keys like you did with the first post of your version 1.0 images...as many of them are retail and almost all of them are non-SLP. :)

9. Rudi1

Rudi1 MDL Member

May 30, 2007
    Thank you for this nice tool,version 1.2 works fine for me! :)

10. AUAnonymous

AUAnonymous MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Ah, I forgot to blur them out (as you noted like I did with the first ones), but that's fixed now.

Are you suggesting that I get rid of all the non-SLP keys? I just had them there for posterity's sake mostly, and I'm going to add the ACER Professional OEM:SLP key (and more certs, btw) so maybe getting rid of the other one's isn't a bad idea.

Anyone else have any suggestions for features/changes or anything that I should include in the next version?

11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #31 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    No, I am not trying to suggest that you change anything, it is you program to do what you wish to. I just notice that the mods do not seem to like seeing non-SLP (retail) keys posted openly on the forum, so I was just mentioning that to you to save Yen from having to remove the pic of the keys when he sees it. :p
    It may not be a bad idea to get rid of them at some point though, maybe when more SLP keys become available? That is your call buddy... ;) If they are still useful to people, then leave them I guess. Up to you as the author to make that judgment call. :)

12. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks for blanking it.

13. AUAnonymous

AUAnonymous MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    It's been a year since the last update, so I decided to make a new version! There are lots of changes so let me know if anything doesn't work or if there are any features/improvements that you think could be made. Thanks.

14. DeadMan

DeadMan MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    'r' option does not perform system restore creation point but brings up an error window about unrecognise option: -rlic and then proceeds to show valid Windows Script Host commands in several windows until I get a About Windows window at the end. Then it returns to the main menu.

15. AUAnonymous

AUAnonymous MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for pointing that out, it should be fixed now.

16. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    the links for v1.1 are all dead, have you still got this available