Windows Loader: Unsupported Partition Table Part 2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elula, Feb 5, 2013.

1. elula

elula MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    1st post. Please be gentle. :D

Ok. I have read all the posts here forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/28854-Windows-Loader-Unsupported-Partition-Table
    and am still having the following issues...

Bought a new HP DV7 laptop with 750GB RAID HD with Windows 8.

I am installing Windows 7 so I used a straight Windows 7 install dvd and a W7SP1 dvd and received the same following results...

I deleted all the partitions on the drive, including the Recovery drive. I create a new partition for my C: drive for where I want to load W7. I have tried two different RAID drivers but after loading them to the new partition, the installer tells me that Windows is uanble to be installed on that partition.

My BIOS sucks and I cannot manipulate it in anyway. The only thing I can change is the boot order and Legacy boot, plus some other unimportant items.

Eventhough I get the error message after formating the HD and loading the RAID driver, I continue to install Windows 7 & SP1 versions. After final boot-up, I load DAZ's loader, version 2.1.8, and it is showing "Unsupported Partition Table". I have tried different versions but all say the same.

Is there anything I can do to format the drive without using the Windows OS DVD?? I have an unusable HD right now.

TIA

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Where did you get them: downloads from this forum, commercial retail, torrents, MS site download of the SP1 file? If you downloaded the OS did you verify your download wasn't flawed?

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    And FYI you may need to select "legacy boot" to boot without UEFI so that Windows is installed as NTFS with an MBR.

A newer version of the loader can be found in my signature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. elula

elula MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    Ok, I downloaded the Win7 from here and Win7SP1 from torrent.

I figured out my issue...
    When I was loading the driver for the HD during Win7 install, the first one I tried didn't work and gave me the error that I could not load Windows onto that drive. I then tried another driver immediately after the first one that gave me an error. The 2nd driver also gave me the same error. The way I was able to load Windows was to use the 2nd driver and load that one only and then hit the refresh button and the error was gone!! I installed Windows 7 SP1 and I am up and running. Daz's loader worked just fine!
    Now I have to find all my drivers. That has been a huge pain so far!!!

Thanks for your suggestions.

5. Uninstall

Uninstall MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013

i had same problem...

i dont understand...
    please help .... :(

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    A problem you produced on your own!!

Why you guy act without to check first that what you try to do is Ok? You all just thinking (if you do that) that you know what you do and that a computer will be intelligent enough for know what you want!

A computer isn't intelligent at all, it's a mathematical calculator which is relying on the commands given from the user. If those commands are precise, the computer will react precise, if those commands are stupid, the computer will react stupid! Get it in your head that's you who is the one to complain about!

Said that, if you came to MDL for to ask for help, show that you're an intelligent person and supply all relevant infos in details and ask friendly for the help you like to get!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Cleitos

Cleitos MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2013
    #7 Cleitos, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Hey guys, new around here, you've done excellent job helping us the newbies! First post here so please show mercy! :worthy:
    So here's the deal: I've got here a HP Pavilion G6-2221ev with pre-installed Windows 864bit. The owner wants back his old good W7 Ultimate, so he throws the laptop to me, to reinstall them.
    So, like a huge noob i am with all the new UEFI/EFI bioses etc i formatted the whole hard drive (even recovery) and let it finish with the install of W7. Got all running up, so i tried to activate with the loader and boom "Usupported Partition Table". Note here that i had already enabled the Legacy Mode, because otherwise, i couldn't even boot from the W7 disk.
    Ok let's check the read me file, i said. So, the solutions were:
    "The loader's status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?" You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire harddrive." Check.
    "My system's UEFI, but I've formatted the drive to use MBR and I'm still nota ctivated. What do I do? Check your UEFI menu for secure boot and make sure it's disabled." Secure boot was disabled, but let's try the MBR. Then i proceed as the readme file points out, to pre-format the hdd to MBR. Did that with success, BUT the matter is that now the installation does not let me choose the hdd for the install, because as the error message says, the disk is MBR which is not supported by the EFI system. Only GPT is supported.
    Am i missing something here? Legacy mode is enabled, so why its still says about the EFI system? and how should i change that? Can you please lend a hand? Thank you in advance!
    P.S* the image of W7 is a copy from the one at MSDN, so it's 100% clear and checked, if this means anything.

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The disks still booting in UEFI mode. Try accessing quick boot (it might be disbabled) and select to boot the disk without UEFI.

The only other way you'll get around this is if you convert the ISO to a USB install and then delete bootmgr.efi from the USB. It may be easier to just try WindSLIC UEFI though (look at the projects and apps section here).

9. Cleitos

Cleitos MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2013

Thanks Daz for your immediate answer! That was my first thought exactly, that the disk was still booting in UEFI, but i couldn't found out how to change this. Anyway, i found the quick boot you mentioned, and i just selected the option boot from DVD disk in non-UEFI mode. Everything worked out fine, and the loader works like a charm now! Like i said, total noob! :eek: I feel like a dinosaur in this whole UEFI universe, but I'll keep trying :coffee:. Thanks mate!

10. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Hi all.I have the same problem on my Fujitsu AH512.I cannot activate it with Daz's loader,it says unsupported partiton table of course.Secure boot is disabled,CSM enabled,fast boot disabled.The windows has been installed with these setups.Cant see any UEFI things.How can i disable it?Can i put another bios on without this stupid things?

Thanks

11. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    #11 Lich King, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    seems like you have gpt partition table.. change it to mbr.. it should work then..

12. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    I followed the steps from Daz's loader readme file,so it's mbr now,but I can't give the format command,because I can't enter equal symbol in the dos!the keyboard is english,but the win is Hungarian.I went to the dos from Windows installer with shift+f10 keys,is it OK or got to do it some other way?

Thanks

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  14. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    I don't know,if it matters or not,but there is no win on the laptop,I opened the dos from the installer and cleared the hdd,converted to mbr and now I can't enter format ns=ntfs.I tried to install the win but the installer can't format the hdd,so it must be done in dos,but don't know how to put the equal sign.:(

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May you set the HDD's to IDE Mode in Bios, mainly found under Raid Settings and try again.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks!I am going to give a try to it later.Does it boos from USB,too?
    What do I have to do with that?Sorry for the stupid question but never used this kind of softwares before.

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  19. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    So as I am a noob,which is easier?Do a boot CD or USB?

20. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Short answer: USB!