Windows Loader: Unsupported Partition Table Part 2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elula, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    The laptop can't boot from usb stick only from usb HDD or USB CD/dvd.I completly stucked.there is no OS on the computer and can't write equal sign.Don't understand....

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Hm....! That's funny. Have you try to access the USB Stick as USB HDD? If not try that. I had such on an Dell Laptop some time ago and on a few older MB's. Chosed the USB HDD in Boot Manager and that was working!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Tried....it says take out the disk,push any button.....and bootable disk unavailable.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Could you post a screenshot from Boot Manager?

Also had you checked your BIOS Settings and is the BIOS the latest you could find?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Can't post any link or pics because I am under 20 posts.

Haven't checked if it's the latest bios or not and don't know how to install bios with no windows.
    But I can't even install the win now,it says the win can't be installed to this partition.

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    As you seem to come so far to install Windows, did you try to delete the partitions with Setup Media via 'Advanced Drive Options', when you are prompted where to install Windows.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  8. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    So i just installed the win,tried the loader and it still says "Unsupported...".And also says "bad slic format".
    It's not a big surprise for me as the partition is still in Gpt as I couldn't format the hdd without equal symbol.So as the win is hungarian and the keyboard is english,it could be the problem I think.Should I set the win to english?if yes,how?

9. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    I have put another Win 7 on.it's english,I could pur equal symbol in the command port,converted to mbr(I believe),formatted,installed the Windows and....still says Unsupported partition table.:(

10. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Hi again.

I couldn't solve the problem yet.Is that possible my laptop can boot with no uefi only from USB?I got "legacy usb support" option in the bios.
    Otherwise,I have put "clear" command in the diskpart,should I do it with "clear all" instead?

Thanks

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  12. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    New thing now..."Windows cannot be installed to this disk.The selected disk has an MBR partiton table.On EFi systems windows can only be installed to BPT disks."

Whad should i do now?

Thanks

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If you get that error you are still booting UEFI.

14. Kelev

Kelev MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2013
    Dont know how,but I have won!:) Somehow it asked me do I want to boot in uefi or bios mode from cd,I went bios and it's activated.Thanks for all help!

15. puya4puya

puya4puya MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    I don't have any "boot without UEFI" in BIOS

Hello guys, i bought yesterday an Acer aspire v5-531 with linux and i wanted to put windows 7 on it. I deleted all the partitions and after that, formatted. I tried to activate the windows with "windows loader 2.2.1" and i get this error message: IMG_20130809_222643.jpg . I followed the - # 4 - UEFI motherboards - from the Readme file. And i still get this message "Unsupported partition table". I tried to boot without UEFI but i cant find the quick boot, and i don't have any option like "boot from DVD disk in non-UEFI mode": IMG_20130809_223049.jpg . Please help me guys. TX alot!:worthy:

16. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  17. puya4puya

puya4puya MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    Thank you very much for the fast rply, i will try to follow your steps. I will get back to you with a result:worthy:

18. puya4puya

puya4puya MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    Tx DAZ

It worked with the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and with one Windows 7 w/o SP1 ISO, without deleting bootmgr.efi from the USB. Thx again, you saved my ass

19. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    #39 poida, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Hey DAZ, I have just read all 4 pages, and still need your help!

I am getting the "Unsupported partition table", but I do have an MBR partition table, I'm using Windows Loader v2.2.1 and the problem only occurred after I bought a samsung SSD and used the samsung utility to clone my previous operating system SSD to the new samsung one. Nothing changed except for my Office and Windows activations. I fixed the Office one, but I can't seem to fix the Windows one. Windows 7 build 7601. Your thoughts?

I notice on the Windows Loader screen, in the "details" section, it says "GBT - (01/28/11)". I have no idea what this means, as I only installed windows 7 a few months ago, and I only cloned it a few days ago, and Paragon says that I have MBR.

I have not changed any settings in the bios and I have not installed any new hardware.

20. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    any ideas?