Windows Loader: Unsupported Partition Table Part 2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elula, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  2. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Model: Ud3R-SLI
    Chipset: Intel X58 Rev. 12
    Southbridge: Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) Rev. 00
    LPCIO: ITE IT8720
    BIOS
    Brand: Award Software International, Inc.
    Version: F10n
    Date: 01/28/2011

3. GreenTree2

GreenTree2 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    I have the exact same question, installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a 3TB HDD and had to use the HDD as GPT on UEFI to utilize full 3TB.

If DAZ Loader does infact NOT support the above scenario, what other options do I have? Thanks & Regards.

4. GreenTree2

GreenTree2 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    Thanks for all the help guys!!

5. XeoNoX

XeoNoX MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
    what a pain in the butt, that i never imagined, finally got it worked after 4 windows installs and was finally able to not get the "Not Supported Partition Table " message. These new HP Pavilion Laptops are a pain with their UEFI Secure boot crap. Since my laptop is new it had USB3 so i couldnt use a USB stick unless i slipstreamed the drivers. Problem there was that AMD has their USB 3.0 drivers embedded into their Catalyst drivers and it wont install just the drivers without using their pre packaged setup application..so i was "out of luck" there. i had to do the following and hope this helps others.

i had to go into CMOS / BIOS and disable "SECURE UEFI BOOT" and then set it to "LEGACY". this allows me to finally boot other options.

I had to make a bootable windows 7 iso and use a ISO editor (i used ULTRAISO to edit the iso) and then i deleted the file " bootmgr.efi " and then i saved the image and then burned it (i used IMGBURN to burn)

then i had to download a FREEWARE partition tool called " MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition " (just google " pwhe8.iso " ) its freeware!

Now i booted from CD using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition and from there i deleted ALL THE PARTITIONS and then i had to manually CONVERT the drive from GPT to MBR. I then Created a Bootable PRIMARY NTFS partition and made it ACTIVE. I saved changed and rebooted my machine.

Now i just booted my WIN7 DVD and installed windows on the partition i created in the previous step. After windows was done installing i ran DAZ LOADER and finally was able to Successfully apply Daz's Loader.

Hope this helps others out.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ XeoNoX, gald you got it going but to be honest no need for IMGBURN, UltraISO is more than capable of burning the dvd.

7. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    Daz, my partition tables are MBR. So why am I getting this message? I used your tool to activate windows when I first installed, the only change I have made is swapping out the HDD for an SSD (this was the drive that windows was on). What does the bios have to do with anything??

8. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    is anyone still out there?

9. Loose

Loose MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2013
    I have the same question. Is there any way to stay on GPT & UEFI and still activate Win7/64 Ultimate ?

10. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    am I being unreasonable to actually want a reply?

11. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #72 oldsh_t, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Since you have Gigabyte mother board, (which I guess may or may not work with the loader correctly) Daz suggested a bios mod.
    If you get and install a Bios mod from here @ MDL you will be permanently activated and no need to use the loader.
    Its either a bios mod or go back to the HHD which worked for you before. Something about that SSD screwed things up for you and it would be anyone's guess as to what happened!!
    Just be aware that a bios mod, if not done correctly, can brick your computer:(

12. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    If the loader installation app say unsupported partition, then the new SSD, or whatever partition windows boots from, is likely not MBR.

The oem:slp activation depends on finding a slic table in a special area of memory. The slic table can be placed in memory by the bios on system startup, or by a specially crafted boot loader which runs after bios startup terminates but before the operating system starts. However, the specially crafted boot loader will not work on uefi system with gpt disks, leaving a modded bios as the best remaining option.

13. poida

poida MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    thanks guys, I really appreciate the info! It all makes sense now. However, the partition is definitely MBR. Absolutely 100% definitely. So that leaves me wondering what the real problem is, considering that I used the loader before to activate this very version of windows. I just did an exact drive copy.

I'll have a hunt for the BIOS mod now. Clutching at straws...

14. Loose

Loose MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2013
    I thought that WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector works exactly in that case. Can you please elaborate.

15. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #76 CaptainKirk1966, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Yes, windslic may work on uefi, but windows loader will not. However, Daz has designed windows loader installer tool to detect if a slic is already present, i.e. installed by bios or windslic, and it will then apply the correct cert + serial needed for activation, without actually installing the boot loader component, since it is not needed. Many times people say they have used Daz loader, not knowing or specifying whether they have installed the loader component, or just the cert+serial.

16. ryuzawaenma

ryuzawaenma MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2013
    Hi, i'm still a noob, so please be gentle
    So here's the problem. recently, my friend bought an ASUS-A450CC. he wanted me to install the windows. i installed it, then i tried using Daz's windows loader. it says "Unsupported Partition Table". i tried Herz (or Harz, whatever) loader didn't work either. i read the readme file "You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive." successfully cleaned all partitions, i made a new one too. still didn't work.
    i don't know A450CC's BIOS Settings, since this is still a new product.
    How can i boot without UEFI?
    Thanks in Advance

17. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Normally the BIOS has an option to disable or the quick access boot menu will offer one. The other way though is to convert the Windows 7 ISO to a USB install and then delete bootmgr.efi from the USB. That should force Windows to install as MBR as long as all of the existing partitions have been deleted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. George 3G

George 3G MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2013
    Hi all,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed and it's prompting for activation. My motherboard is a Gigabyte H87M-D3H which I believe is UEFI compatible, the OS is installed on an SSD. When I try and use the loader tool it gives me the "Unsupported Partition Table" message. Am I too late to get around this, or do I need to reformat the system drive? If so, what do I need to do differently compared to a normal reformat?

Thanks

19. George 3G

George 3G MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2013
    Bump :bye1: