Windows Malicious Software Tool removes 7Loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ioniancat21, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #21 Daz, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
    @ 911medic
    I wouldn't think MS won't target loaders, I'm sure they will but I know from my own personal tests they got nothing to tie a loader down to. They can't tell the difference between a boot manager and a loader just as they can't tell the difference between a SLIC and an emulated SLIC. Theres far too many false positives and I have done allot of research into loader/BIOS mods and as the results have shown it's not perfect enough for MS to start unactivating people. I guess you can think of it like ixtreme on the Xbox 360...

Although the info is out there for other loaders the encryption I have come up with is private and unknown, it's not something you can find on the internet and I do not and will not talk about it.

The only thing that can catch you on a BIOS mod is the date of the BIOS (pre-vista) and a SLIC brand that doesn't match that of the board.

@ tuvi123
    Thats the thing though... As the tool shows it does it's best to guess but it gets it wrong on far too many systems, there simply isn't enough to base it off that it is either 100% a loader or 100% a BIOS mod. MS can't and won't take that risk as it will only upset and annoy allot of people if they do it wrong and it could in effect kill Windows 7's good reputation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dead demon

dead demon MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    with daz on this 1

im going with daz on this one...

i think by having the right cert and the right slic on our bios the only way for m$ to guess is by bios built day. now with that on count, im positive they are ways to change these date if necesary with a hex or am i wrong?

i am a noob and this is just my personal opinion but i think bios mod are way more dificult for m$ to play without trashing real oem cstmers on legit win7.

just my 2cents...

3. berdinatilli

berdinatilli MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    i completely agree with DAZ

and bravo, keep it secret

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #24 MasterDisaster, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #25 PAYMYRENT, Nov 12, 2009
  6. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    I know they are open source without license agreement :D

7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    its in C# right?

i can normally tell the difference but i cant tell with this app

8. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Yes it is in C#.

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #29 sam3971, Nov 12, 2009
  10. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    #30 nononsence, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    someone wanting to reverse the encryption method has everything they need to do it

1. the unencrypted message
    2. the encrypted message
    3. the code that does the decrypting

this is not an obstacle to MS, or anyone with above avarage Google skills.

not that MS needs to find a file with a SLIC in it, to determin if someone is running
    stolen software, attempting to evade detection is enough proof that you are guilty.

its like running from the cops, your guilty of something and are just drawing attention
    to yourself.

11. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #31 Brainsuck, Nov 12, 2009
  12. ynhdarkman

ynhdarkman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    installed this update yesterday, activated with Hazar's 7loader... still activated, no problems whatsoever :D

13. Fuji

Fuji MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    Just to help others out here, you activated Windows with 7loader after you installed this update?

14. rvn6970

rvn6970 MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    no problem here.Used v1.7.3 Loader. Installed update. Still actavatied. W7 x64:D

15. ynhdarkman

ynhdarkman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    not really, i was already activated, then installed update
    everything's fine that way :D

16. Fuji

Fuji MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    I wonder if this is a false alarm or something else is going on since no one else other than the OP with a VM seems to have this issue.

17. HPG70user

HPG70user MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    My laptop was activated with Daz's loader v1.5.4. I updated my laptop with the update and restarted. It's still activated and I've had no problems whatsoever. (knock on wood)

18. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #38 Daz, Nov 12, 2009
    @ MasterDisaster
    Doesn't work anymore and hasn't for a while.

@ Brainsuck
    Modchips, I mean ixtreme. The only people who get caught by that are not very smart and who play games too early or don't stay cautious enough. I bet most of them have been bans related to modern warfare 2, leaked sources and playing it early just makes it easy.

@ nononsence
    As I said the code is private, you won't find it online at all and anyone on MDL to deliberately try to decrypt it and post it online for MS should be shot really. Why would anyone even want to post it, barging rights? theres just no point.

The point is MS can't locate where the SLIC is coming from, and you can't detect that anyway. Both myself and zsmin have tried different things at all known locations, it's not possible with a 100% "this is it" outcome.

19. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I also installed this update yersterday and no effect, still activated with Daz 1.7.2 at two systems:cool:

But I think it is a good measure to avoid these Malicious Tool Remover in further WUs.

20. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Ms is not worry about loader and mods so much as people selling it on the street and making money on it I read ed it on sale out there for $7.00 bucks :eek::eek: