Windows Media Player reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leis, May 4, 2012.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Anyone help me with my windows media player that really is just not functioning correctly. I have windows 7 ultimate version, I've tried downloading and installed a codecs that was highly recommended for it, I uninstalled it because it wouldn't even then start to play. It says "connecting" and it is a slow-go from then on to get it going. Then it stalls and freezes and this goes repeatedly. I don't want to add another player, I've tried the VL (something, it was hell on wheels to get any information, it didn't even play!).
    I would appreciate any helpful recommendations. This has been EVER SINCE I HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 and this is making me think it's time to go in reverse and go back to XP. And further, I look at all the threads and all these people have similar problems and it shows that this Windows Media Player is not set up for Windows 7. Otherwise, it would function, now am I right about that or is this another shannigan that you have to go through to learn how to install a video player that all I want to do is watch a daily program-that's it! I'm not looking to become a recording artist and know nothing about MP3 or 4 or GI Joe.....
    Anyway, just when I thought tonight the show's going to play and NO ...... IT'S FREEZE CITY and I'm really just..........

Thanks for any helpful suggestions, less sales or hints to buy into a media player because I really doubt any are going to work any different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Use the "Turn Off Windows Features" to turn off WMP and be done with it. Get VideoLAN's VLC Media Player.