Windows mixed reality and LTSC 2019 possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bibouli, Nov 19, 2018.

1. bibouli

bibouli MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2017
    Is there any way to get windows mixed reality to work with ltsc 2019?

Some people on reddit claim that it's impossible to add the wmr modules, that even with the store and wmr portal it will not launch.

2. zyvhup

zyvhup MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2018
    Anyone find the answer to this?

3. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning MDL Member

Sep 20, 2018
    It's not possible and goes against the whole concept with LTSB/LTSC basically.

4. zyvhup

zyvhup MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2018
    So does the Store, but I know there's a solution to get that if you want it. I literally want nothing other than WMR, but I guess that's not gonna happen unfortunately.

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    ?? I honestly don't get it.
    Instead of googling one of the thousands guides/infographics/click2run scripts/policies/registry/whatever solutions to windows updates and subscribed content aka bloat and ads,
    People chose to run a limited edition of Windows: LTSB / LTSC. LTSC in particular is actually a piece of unfinished crap, who would want to run that for the next decade?! No responsible company is eager doing so yet, that's for sure
    Then they realize the need for Store, then Edge, then freaking WMR!
    Why not run a proper Enterprise, Education, even Pro edition from the get-go?

LTSB/LTSC is fine if you keep it that way. Once you hack-in the "bloat", you are literally worse-off, as the hacked Store will break unpredictability when searching/downloading/updating apps (and you need to manage it yourself / seek updates and workarounds around mdl), some apps won't work as intended (for example the must-have Dolby Atmos or DTS:X sound enhancements, or even new gen drivers from Intel, Realtek etc. leaking memory / stuttering / etc and then there's the dcom and clsid mayhem elephant in the room )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...