windows not loads

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Apr 15, 2013.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello.
    I need your advise in that situation how to save data/documents when windows is dead not loads, missing system file and also safe mode is not supporting and i have to install windows what should i do in that case? how to save unsaved documents on D drive or on pendrive?

thanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    You could use an bootable external device for to get access to your HDD. There many way's to do that. On of the famous way is to build an PE edition. Search the forum for it, there many explanations.

Unsaved Document could not be saved while Windows isn't working, is as simple as that. But I think you talk for those documents and/or files which you had used and saved while Windows still were working, or am I wrong? Those Documents, data and files could be saved if you still can read the HDD while booting from an other device/source like an Windows PE. With PE I mean and talking about: Portable Edition and is installed on external media like CD, DVD, USB Stick or external HDD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    @pisthai: I'm pretty sure PE means Preinstallation Environment.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sometimes I forget that on MDL it seems to be important to point exactly the meaning of what I'm writing and not believe that others understand I talking about.
    In this case the Meaning of PE are various:

• Portable Edition
    • Preinstallation Environment
    • Physical Education
    • Price Earnings
    • Pulmonary Edema
    just to name a few.

In my post I was talking about Portable Versions of some ready to use Apps, incl. Windows. So I'll edit my post and change it to be precise.

Thanks for the head up.

5. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You can easily build a bootable USB drive and put something like Hirens on it in order to:

a) boot into a live environment (mini xp/linux) and copy across the files
    b) create a system image (via ghost/acronis) of your damaged drive on a different (external) drive and extract them later when you have reinstalled windows

6. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    in that computer which i said above all docs had been not saved on D drive of pc by users, that PC crashed or dead and not loading and when i install windows that docs gone coz they was not saved. coz of that i would any program by it i will can save docs in lie situation if it happens again.

Thanks all of you who supported and helped me.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    #7 Carlos Detweiller, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    If you do decide to NOT reformat the drive during Windows Setup, the previous installation will be moved into a directory named \Windows.old - you could then retrieve your docs from there.

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Boot using a Linux LiveCD such as Ubuntu provides then simply find your data files and copy them to a safe place. You can copy them to any type drive such as a flash drive, external HDD or to another internal HDD.

Or, while the LiveCD version of Linux (Ubuntu?) is running, you can use a Linux CD/DVD burner and burn the files to an optical disk.

Then you just boot from the Windows 7 installation media and install the OS knowing your data is now safe on whatever media your chose.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Again, if some documents not saved, they're gone! If they're on the C-Drive, then they're saved already, on the wrong place maybe.

Saved means: those document were saved on some (may not the right) location, mainly under the User4 Directory of the C-Drive.

NOT Saved means: those documents are lost while the computer is shut down, power of or restarted.

If those documents are written and therefore saved to drive C, you could could do a new installation of windows 7 WITHOUT to format the partitions. That will keep the old Wndows installation and Data in the Directory Windows.Old and could be retrieved from there.If there is an hardware problem with the C Drive, use the method I described to boot from an external device and try to save a much of the data as possible to an other drive first.

10. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Thanks very much all of here. u helped me.

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    1 little detail about linux.. i lost documents once due to permissions.

when u find the c:\users\owneroffiles\ u should right click and open as admin .. then it will let u copy ALL the files u need.

also i use yumi usb tool to create hirens or linux mint inusb.