Windows Repair on Virtual Box

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by joedevil, Jul 21, 2012.

1. joedevil

joedevil MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2012
    Hi, Hopefully someone can help me. I am in need of formating a physical drive however, when loading it up, I am getting blue screen.

windowserror.jpg

I am kind of lost at how to repair this. Windows boots fine in the physical drive.

This is Windows Vista Business from a Sony Laptop.

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Okay, let me make sure I understand correctly.

Are you saying that you're trying to install "Windows Vista Business" that's taken from a Sony laptop in VirtualBox? Also you say you need to format a physical drive. I'm not as familiar with VirtualBox as VMWare Workstation, but do you mean you're trying to use an entire physical hard drive in VirtualBox? I've had problems doing that before and I highly recommend formatting that drive from your Host OS (whatever your real computer is running), then have VirtualBox use a virtual hard drive on that drive, even if you specify the entire size or near; it should work more reliably now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. General.TerroR!

General.TerroR! MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2011
    Did you try changing the Storage Controller from IDE to SATA in the Virtual Machine Settings ?