Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.
What happened to the website? Is the project over?
Website is working fine.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Hello everyone, I've just released version 22.214.171.124 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:
- Improved high-DPI support (for instance, the program will no longer look blurry when the DPI is set to 150%, like is common to see on some modern laptops).
- When a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox is available, the program is now able to auto-update while keeping user customizations. It will no longer ask you to go to the website to download the new version.
- When setting a startup password for WRT, you will be asked you to enter it twice (in order to prevent typos).
- If you insert the wrong password when entering WRT, the program will no longer close itself (it was annoying having to re-open it).
- Improvements to the "Clear Downloads" function.
- Several other minor improvements.
- If Vipre Rescue was configured to run a full scan (instead of the default quick scan), the "Run Unattended" process would return an error when trying to put together the resulting logs.
As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.
Hello , first and foremost it is a nice tool and congrats on the hard work for on going development.
I have a windows 8.1 machine who cannot boot and is asking for the windows 8.1 to repair.
my question is can I create a bootable cd/dvd with this tool to fix this issue?
Hi gundja, thank you! No, the tool is not bootable.
Maybe you can find some help on the Windows 8 section of the Forum: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/windows-8.42/
Very good tool. Thanks for sharing !
Hello everyone, I've just released version 126.96.36.199 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:
- Added Sysinternals "Process Monitor" to the "Useful Tools" section.
- Added "Webroot System Analyzer" to the "Final Tests" tab, replacing "Kaspersky System Checker". It's the button named "Quick Check".
- Replaced the ".AVI" test with the ".MP4" test, in the "Final Tests" section.
- Removed "Kaspersky System Checker". Even though this tool has been officially discontinued last year, it was still receiving updates until very recently. Now it seems that it has been definitely put down (the download link stopped working).
I've just released another version (188.8.131.52) of Windows Repair Toolbox in order to address two bugs I've found meanwhile.
- Due to a change in the way the program "CloneApp" (in the "Backup & Recovery" section) is zipped, WRT was no longer being able to run it.
- The program "Don't Sleep" (in the "Useful Tools" section) wasn't running on 32-bits Windows versions.
I'm sorry for the successive update. Thank you.
Hello everyone, I've just released version 184.108.40.206 of Windows Repair Toolbox.
This release fixes and improves several things already exiting in the software (no new functionalities so) and changes the target framework of the project to .NET Framework 4.5. This was necessary since, through the time, lots of websites stopped supporting TLS 1.0.
Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported. Windows XP doesn't support .NET 4.5. Windows Vista supports it but doesn't support TLS 1.2 by default. There was also a crescent number of programs in the toolbox that would no longer work in those OS's.
Here's what's changed:
- An "Access Denied" message would be shown while closing WRT if Windows Repair AIO tray icon was active.
- The Microsoft Safety Scanner download, in the "Malware Removal" tab, would frequently fail.
- Several other internal improvements and fixes.
- WRT now targets .NET Framework 4.5, to support TLS 1.2.
- In the "Malware Removal" tab, replaced Zemana with Malwarebytes.
- Updated the CPU temperature monitor.
- Removed support for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 220.127.116.11.
- Due to a change in the way Emsisoft Emergency Kit is packed, WRT was no longer being able to run it.
- Due to a change in the update link, WRT was no longer being able to check for new versions of RogueKiller.
- Some minor internal updates and changes.