Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.
What happened to the website? Is the project over?
Website is working fine.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Hello everyone, I've just released version 22.214.171.124 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:
- Improved high-DPI support (for instance, the program will no longer look blurry when the DPI is set to 150%, like is common to see on some modern laptops).
- When a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox is available, the program is now able to auto-update while keeping user customizations. It will no longer ask you to go to the website to download the new version.
- When setting a startup password for WRT, you will be asked you to enter it twice (in order to prevent typos).
- If you insert the wrong password when entering WRT, the program will no longer close itself (it was annoying having to re-open it).
- Improvements to the "Clear Downloads" function.
- Several other minor improvements.
- If Vipre Rescue was configured to run a full scan (instead of the default quick scan), the "Run Unattended" process would return an error when trying to put together the resulting logs.
As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.
Hello , first and foremost it is a nice tool and congrats on the hard work for on going development.
I have a windows 8.1 machine who cannot boot and is asking for the windows 8.1 to repair.
my question is can I create a bootable cd/dvd with this tool to fix this issue?
Hi gundja, thank you! No, the tool is not bootable.
Maybe you can find some help on the Windows 8 section of the Forum: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/windows-8.42/
Very good tool. Thanks for sharing !
Hello everyone, I've just released version 126.96.36.199 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:
- Added Sysinternals "Process Monitor" to the "Useful Tools" section.
- Added "Webroot System Analyzer" to the "Final Tests" tab, replacing "Kaspersky System Checker". It's the button named "Quick Check".
- Replaced the ".AVI" test with the ".MP4" test, in the "Final Tests" section.
- Removed "Kaspersky System Checker". Even though this tool has been officially discontinued last year, it was still receiving updates until very recently. Now it seems that it has been definitely put down (the download link stopped working).
I've just released another version (188.8.131.52) of Windows Repair Toolbox in order to address two bugs I've found meanwhile.
- Due to a change in the way the program "CloneApp" (in the "Backup & Recovery" section) is zipped, WRT was no longer being able to run it.
- The program "Don't Sleep" (in the "Useful Tools" section) wasn't running on 32-bits Windows versions.
I'm sorry for the successive update. Thank you.