Windows Server 2003 Standard Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Sahil, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Sahil

Sahil MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2009
    Hi All,

I have a Windows 2003 Server Machine With OEM License. When my HDD fried, i have build a new system with a new Motherboard and HDD, installed Windows server 2003 Standard from a retail media (i don't have the OEM media with me, my local System builder didn't provided it). As i cant use my OEM Key, i have used a Retail key i found around the interweb (hoping to change that later with my OEM key with tools like Magic Jellybean, but that didn't worked). Now i should activate my Windows sytem within 30 Days. i still have the OEM Key, COA Sticker and the Ceritficate that i got with the system. As i cant afford a new Windows license, What are the options left for me ?

1) Is there are any place from where i can download the OEM Media

2) Can i Make my own OEM Media from the Retail Disc

3) I Know about Activation cracks, will you recommend any of them

Please, please help me guys

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    One option: tell your local system builder you are going to report him to piracy "at" microsoft "dot" com if he doesn't provide you with the media your machine should have come with originally? :)

Another option: find the "volume license" version and a key for it, and use that.

In either case you will need to do an upgrade install to replace the key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    Win Servr 2K3 SE 27-days left for activation :(

hi Myrrh :)

what you mean by, " ... need to do an upgrade install to replace the key ... ", does it mean from like from Win Server 2003 SE to the latest version of Win Server 2008? :confused:

this thread is almost similar to my problem now which i have only 27-days left for activation. some of my friends advised me to change from Win Server 2003 Standard Edition to Corporate Edition since it has no expiration :eek:

i'm not sure how true is it that Win Server 2003 Corporate Edition doesn't have expiration ... and that some form of it's installation doesn't require anymore CD Keys. well, if ever it's true that it must be good. however, what i'm pessimistic is that it may delete or remove some of the applications/programs that i have already installed o_O

i'm not jumping from one issue to another but i'm just open to all other good possibilities. this is already the 2nd thread i overwhelmingly reply on this forum as it may remedy the problem i have. hoping then that i can gain enough idea to proceed to resolve the issue i had now :eek:

cheers! :worthy:

4. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    What Myrrh means is, you need to re-install Windows 2003 Server.
    Whether you do a clean install or install over the top of the preasant is up to you, but its the only way to change the Installation Key.

As for getting an OEM version of the installation disks:
    1. As Myrrh said, as part of your licence you should have got an OEM install disk set. So go see your supplier.
    2. There are a couple threads explaining how to convert a Retail disk into an OEM disk. Search this forum.
    3. Download the OEM version of Windows 2003 Server from you local P2P website. Risky but safe enough if you doulbe check the hashes of your download.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    He said this on 04 Feb 2009!

Ofcourse no need to reinstall anything if it is 32-bit
    Just use OEM BIOS changer

6. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    22-days left for activation (down but not out)

hello ZaForD & sebus :)

my PC is not that branded and it's one of those so called clone computers (or assembled PC) by the Technical People in the store. i have it assembled way back almost 3-4 years ago. it has an Asus P5KPL AM EPU motherboard, as well, some added peripherals like NVIDIA video card, D-Link LAN card, and Ultra ATA/133 RAID Controller card aside from the built-in on it's motherboard :confused:

i just hope that theirs @ least 1-OEM from the lists that i can use of. otherwise, this will be a huge predicament of me :eek:

nevertheless, can their be a specific OEM for clone computers or my PC can't be anymore considered as clone? :cool:

cheers! :smokecowboy:

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And what difference it makes to activation? AS long as you have any SLP string it will activate fine
    Use Andy's tool to mod the BIOS (to insert SLP string) and you are done.

Do not make 15 min job into a novel!

8. Skycom

Skycom MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2012
    Hi

Everybody who have/has Windows Server 2003R2 Standard OEM or OEM System Builder:

http: //torrentz.eu/de9ce0fc1596ab84776f63d0981a755cb99326f1 (remove space) - here You are. After 2 weeks i found it :) Only 2 seeds but i had transfer about 2 MB/s. I read all this part of forum and i see that many people have problem with convert VL or Retail to OEM.

cheers 4 all

9. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    18-days Left for Activation

hello Skycom ;)

have you applied or used this file that you have downloaded or shared to us before? :confused:

and please guide or assist me on how am i going to do with the said .exe file? i have already downloaded the said file and i'm puzzled if i'm going to run it immediately o_O

do i have to reformat first my HDD before i can apply or run it or the said file is already the installer itself? besides, i'm also got confused when you said " ... remove space ... ", what is that for? is that the CD Key as well? :unsure:

i'm almost running out of time already and i'm a little bit scared especially if the files or documents will be lost :eek:

hope you can tell us the exact step-by-step procedure on this aspect :rolleyes:

cheers! :busted_blue:

10. Skycom

Skycom MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2012
    It's simple :) I can't post active http link because i don't have 20 posts @ my account :) copy link to browser and remove space after HTTP: and download the torrent file with ISO File :) it's pure ISO of OEM Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition fully bootable. Burn ISO and install Windows with Your CD Key from COA. It's all You should do :)

Here is the direct link to torrent file :) torrage.com/torrent/DE9CE0FC1596AB84776F63D0981A755CB99326F1.torrent

11. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    17-days Left for Activation

hello Skycom ;)

thanks for the link again ... and while i'm still downloading the file, i would like to take this opportunity to ask or inquire for more as their are still time (lol) :D

when you said " ... install Windows ... ", does it mean i have to do the setup thing from CD drive like reformat 1st prior to actual installation? :confused:

or is it okay also if i just used from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add New Programs > CD or Floppy route? :busted_blue:

besides, good thing that these file you recommend for me to download accepts the CD Key that i have used already which now has an issue. i'm hoping that it will not require me to go into Microsoft site again to enter the 25-digit alpha number combination which if even it's the right CD Key will still requires to call the Toll Free Number :unsure:

and can i make it using USB install through it too? :rolleyes:

cheers! :worthy:

12. Skycom

Skycom MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2012
    I think You should do clean installation - format then boot from CD. you can try, like me, to install this iso of windows at Virtual Machine and check if Your CD Key is correct or do it on different HDD :)

13. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    13-days Left for Activation :(

hi Skycom ;)

hope it's not too much to ask but is it okay also to ask for any link Win Server 2008 Standard Edition 32-bit? :D

i'm planning that since i'm just going to reformat my HDD then why not proceed immediately to Win Server 2008 Standard Edition 32-bit considering that my hardware is capable as i just upgrade my RAM from 1G x2 to 2G x2 which is now has 4G DDR2 :coffee:

you may just PM me the feedback if ever it's not allowed in here :worthy:

hope you had a good weekend and fresh start of the week too :yeahyeah:

cheers! :biggrin: