Windows Server 2008 (and Vista) Question

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by endlesslyonline, Aug 5, 2011.

1. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    i have downloaded the untouched ISO's for both Server 2008 and Vista (i know this section is only for server, but i dont want to repost the same question in Vista section)

I have never installed Server and only installed Vista from original OEM disc for a Dell, so im not sure, does Server 2008 (r2, btw) and Vista work the same as Windows 7, in the sense that i can skip the CD key, and after install use DAZ Loader, or do infact need to insert a serial(like in XP) in order for the installation to continue?

Thanks,

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Yes, skip the serial during installation and then use the Loader...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks,

You have replied to all my threads, almost like you are sitting there, just waiting for me to ask a question ;)

Really learning alot, thanks again dude

(Repped)

4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #4 x86, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    I am in the process of learning too, like most people here. There's just so much to learn and unfortunately never enough time to do so :)

Glad I could help ...

[EDIT]

:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Totaly agree with you.
    x86 has been very active and seems to be helping alot of people on MDL and on a regular basis.
    Great work x86. Your doing a great job.
    And thanks endlesslyonline for your feedback. Its reassuring to no that the advice is apprecited.

This is what makes MDL so great with members like you guys

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008

And why don't you just try in VM (you would be able to learn something yourself in the process!)

sebus