Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Not Deleting Old Client Backups

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Paul117, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Paul117

Paul117 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2013
    Hello,
    i am running windows server 2012 R2 essentials on my Server and i am having an issue where it isnt deleting old client backups,
    afew weeks ago my server went 40 days without successfully deleting old backups and that showed in my fast loss of disk space on my server and old backups not being deleted, after alot of screwing around the task for cleaning old backups started working.... it would delete old backups but still say its failed but disk space would free up, then it stopped again but there were no errors to say that cleanup failed.... client computers were showing backups were cleaned up from the console but the Client Computer Backups Folder was still showing the same size and increasing as new backups were done, ive tried deleting the backups folder manually and starting fresh but im still getting the issue...... any backup ive marked for deletion or is meant to be automatically deleted deletes from the console but the size of the backups folder is still increasing and not decreasing at all.... im wondering if anyone maybe able to help.... would i be best just reinstalling windows server on it or is there a fix?

Thank you all.