Windows Server 2022 Webcam Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by MrChris, Sep 1, 2021.

1. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    So have have like 3 old as h3ll usb webcams 1 is generic brand all the way around the other 2 are (1 an IR based Windows Hello Camera) and the other is a very old Logitec C615 webcam. I use them in my garage to monitor my man cave. :)

Anyhow, I recently updated one of my (man cave) mini home servers to Server 2022 to play with it a little and have yet to be able to get any of these 3 webcams to properly be seen or function with Windows Server 2022. They show in Device Manager as expected (clean with proper names etc..) but so far many of the misc webcam software apps iv tested dont see them. Or when they are seen they show as disconnected or similar or in use when they are now in use.

Its worth noting that at least for me all of these webcams worked fine when my mini home server was running server 2019 or win10. With all previous versions of windows I didn't need to install any extra drivers or anything. Windows Just simply seen them and they worked.

All that said, has anyone found or seen anything like this with Windows Server 2022 as it relates to standard usb webcams?

Thanks in advance!

~MC