Windows Sidebar/Gadgets for Windows 8 RTM ADDED 32bit Version

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dummekuehe, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jakopo

Jakopo MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2013
    Recycle bin gadget does not appear on start up. I have to add this manually every time i boot. It's a bit annoying.

2. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    What Recycle are you using?

All I did to get gadgets working was went to win2008r2workstation.com/sidebar/ I then made a folder in windows/system32/ called "files" (well it keep telling me if could not find some script..so I put all files where it was looking.) took the files from the zip in the folder "files" to the new windows/system32/files and ran the install. Everything runs great Rebooted tried different gadgets.. still boots up all working.

3. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Well I installed Windows 8 pro for the first time about a week ago. I tried copying both the Windows Sidebar and Vista Sidebar program files from Windows Vista and 7 onto 8. But sadly nether the sidebar or the gadgets would run.

I thought the Windows 7 Gadgets would work on windows 8 if I copied the files from my Windows 7 other but no luck I am afraid. Though they did worked in Windows 8 RP but not now. It seems that Microsoft has blocked Windows 7 Gadgets from running on Windows 8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    There is no sidebar.exe for Win 8 by default, and as your files not associated to anything, why should they run. It´s not a task you start that simple. Only chance: use an Installer as Tito suggested :good3: :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. FREETESTER

FREETESTER MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    I installed 8gadgetspack on surface pro with win8pro
    They worked fine!
    After the update to win8.1 pro via the store, just freeze!
    The same result after uninstall and new install again!
    A new clean install of win8.1pro, brought the same results!

Any suggestions???

7. Deadman7030

Deadman7030 MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2015
    can someone please re-upload the 64 bit only version