Windows slow when I copy and paste in the HDD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thvle, May 17, 2013.

1. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #21 PhaseDoubt, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    So, you are agreeing it takes a longer period of time, in minutes and seconds, to completely copy a larger file than it does a smaller file from HDD "A" to HDD "B" within the same computer?

The "other factors" are irrelevant ... make no difference. They apply to all copy processes on the computer so they have the same effect on every copying processes.

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    So your computer is not up to the task as I suggested as an explanation in my first post when I said, "It would be helpful to know more of your system specs. You may simply have a low end machine with minimal specs."

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I don't agree with you because you're talking about a much different size of 2 files while I was talking about different files which finally had TOGETHER the same size as the 1 big file! The transfer of small files with the combines size of an huge file will need longer time.

Unfortunately I'm in hospital and didn't have my normal computer at hand, just my Laptop and could not do such sample transfer while capturing the time. Do it on your own and the same computer and you'll see the difference. Alste the type of files are relevant!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...