Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard SP1 Integration

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by anarchist9027, Aug 25, 2012.

1. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi all, I am in the process of making an admins dream install disc and all of my Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2's are up to date to SP1. I want to merge my SBS install.wim into the rest of the images but the only problem is that the only build I can find on the web is 7600. I have not seen a 7601 version anywhere. I have tried using build 2.60 of RT Server Customization tool to integrate SP1 but it does not recognize it as Windows Server 2008 R2. Does anyone have any suggestion where I can find a Service Pack 1 build of SBS Standard or a tool that can integrate SP1 into my existing ISO? Any Help is welcomed. Thank You :biggrin:

2. Z3Rr0_C0ol

Z3Rr0_C0ol MDL Novice

May 11, 2012
    Slipstreaming the SP1 to the SBS2011 install.wim isn't suported by microsoft. and there are many other thing except the Core SP1 for Server2008R2, for example the SQL and Sharepoint engine, which often runs in trouble when updating.

Best way is to install, do NOT activate it, don't configure anything, just run a few updates for instance Srv2k8R2-SP1, Exchanche Rollups, SQL-Server, Sharepoint SP1 (verry difficult on Production Systems), SBS Rollups and so on... (and Yes, you can add other Software to the new image preinstalled, like 7-Zip, Notepad++ and other usefull things)
    Then Sysprep the installation, Boot from WinPE (dont forget to copy ImageX to WinPE Disk) and grab a new Image.wim from your fresh System und use it as your Updated install.wim.
    The only thing is, you decrease your rearm-count by one.

3. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    As far as the rearm count goes, I'm completely fine with that. I was thinking about actually doing that but the only problem with that is that it would say that the image was modified on the date that I made it