Windows Update Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Nongshim, May 31, 2016.

1. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Just a quick question regarding drivers as it pertains to Windows 10. I'm going to be using the latest Windows 10 x64 Home version that I downloaded from Paul's X Files, and am wondering should I just use the drivers from Windows Update or go with other drivers I downloaded and use them in conjunction with the Windows 10 Hide Update tool and the regedit thing where by I change the DriverSearching from 1 to 0?

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Use the windows update provided drivers, there is nothing wrong with them.

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I beg to differ, I want the ability to accept or hide the driver MS force feeds you, that's why I use Windows Update Mini Tool, but if you like MS drivers for everything, may the force be with you, lolo_O

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Absolutely agree with OldMX. And yet - Update Drivers only if there is really a need, and if you know what you're doing.
    The exchange drivers is not as the laundry exchange, if the laundry has got new flowers and now I must update.

7. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

I know it is kind of a PITA to install your own one by one and try and keep Windows from downloading them, so maybe I should use Windows versions, I mean they are tested by Microsoft (I know AMD gets most of their drivers tested by MS) and I know they will work, so there is no chance of installing an incorrect driver I guess.

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Glee, aren't you guys with the tin foil hats scared they might be putting more spyware in the drivers they use :confused:

9. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    Just to point out this bug. If you fresh install W10 (even with latest msdn iso), run windows update, and let it go. most of the driver updates fail (i think because they are deferred for post-cumulative install). however when re-scanning for updates after system reboot (post-cumulative update install), you will receive message that there are no available updates. if you check update history you see all the failed driver updates. the only way i've found to fix the issue, is - after windows update installing all updates as well as it can, to then search for updates with minitool. minitool will display all the driver updates, and you can install them that way.

recap in short:
    on a fresh w10 install. run windows update until you receive "no more updates". then search for updates with minitool, and install all the drivers ( that failed from wu :) )