Windows Update keeps pestering....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hannibal Lecter, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    My 7 Ultimate runs perfectly. I also use Office 2003, which I still have a CD, from which I ONLY use Word, nothing else is installed.
    I did an update check for Office 2003 and MS came up with a whole list of which I installed the dozen I wanted. However every day Windows Update keeps on pestering me to install the other updates also, for Excel or Outlook, products I do not have installed.
    On this page: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\Select updates to install
    I did select, yet the other ones, by now there are 65 of them keep popping up.

How can I delete all those unwanted items from the list?

Thanks...

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Right click on update and select HIDE UPDATE. You have to do it manually for each update. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #3 PhaseDoubt, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Just install them and be done with it. You may not have the programs "installed and active", but certain parts of all component programs, often shared ones, are still present. Those actually need updating.

If you do choose to hide them, click and highlight the first then hold down the shift key and click and highlight the last to get them all. That way you can hide them en mass.

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Good to know if I ever have to hide a bunch of updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Thank you everybody. Yes, it did work perfectly.....

Its one of the great things about MDL that there are always people who are able to answer questions.