Windows Vista Activation Tool Kit 1.6

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Alphawaves, Jun 4, 2009.

1. suckmyooga

suckmyooga MDL Junior Member

Jun 13, 2009
    hello. I have a question. my mobo is m2n68 am se2 and I dont have the SLIC showing in ACPI when I checked in Everest. which is the best thing to do? mod the bios or just used vista loader? I'm planning to install the vista rtm build 6002.18005.090410-1830. I want it to be genuine to be able to get updates in microsoft. is it possible? can you please help me?
    Another question. I saw two files when I downloaded the SLIC for m2n68 am se2 (rom) and (bak). I know the rom file is for the Bios. what is the bak file for?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008

The premodded file. Some put backup files in the package, I don't.It confuses people...see :D:D

Flash the other file. Rename it to the original name, usually without the _slic..

DOnt worry about the .bak file..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It is not just a vista loader. It has the ability to load one, but it also offers many tweeks, and the ability to install a cert and serial if you do not want to use the evil vista loader..Haha

Most of the vista loaders are the same thing, just packaged different or Grub is configured differently. Some are batch and some are not..Same idea and a lot of the same code..

You could probably package one with a different icon and be a hero..call it vista loader ultimate..:D:D

This tool has many useful tools in addition to having the vista loader option..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. suckmyooga

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks! I'm planning to install the service pack 2 of vista rtm build. do you have any suggestions? Am I going to update my bios to have SLIC on it? or just use the vista loader? thanks for your help.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I dont like the loaders, so I say flash the bios and have no worries with any inactivation or funky boot problems.

6. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    As i only recently discovered your forum, i'm surprised at all the problems people have.

To be honest for the two years or so that i'm using vista i only had problems with my msi 945p, but i also think my older vistaloader wasn't the best, cause i had to reactivate if during post there was no keyboard present, since i use it for 2 pcs.

But now with vistaloader 4, and 4.1 i never had to reactivate. In the beginning i had to replug my keyboard at every reboot for some reason, but after i run the mui tools i mentioned a few posts before, that problem went away too.

Is there a special problem with Gigabyte mobos? Cause i was thinking to replace my asus p5qc cause it has proven very buggy. :(

7. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
  8. suckmyooga

Jun 13, 2009
    the problem is I don't have an original product key of windows vista ultimate? I don't have money to buy a genuine os. I only have the rtm sp2 version of windows vista.

9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #29 911medic, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    No problems with gigabyte. I like them lots..

Any bios that has SLIC info in it has a greater chance of not working with a loader, as they are both loading slic info into memory. A bit of a conflict, see?? No gigabyte will have SLIC info from the manufacturer, but we add it with no problems.

You do what you are comfortable with, but I think you can lose the loader much easier, and with the SLIC, it is forever..

we have everything you need, and directions to follow...:rolleyes:

11. suckmyooga

Jun 13, 2009
    #31 suckmyooga, Jun 14, 2009
  12. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Yes. Just repeat the flash process as directed for your board, but just use the original, un-modified bios flash file from the motherboard makers site. Reboot, then load defaults, reboot, then customize. Done, and back to a non-slic bios! :(

13. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    #33 clone, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    but when i take image backups of my os installation and try to restore it to other pcs will it work without a loader, and will i have to tweak the bioses of all mobos i restore my image backups? That might not be very practical, and even more so with laptops.

14. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Depends on how you restore the image. If the machines have the same slic, they will activate. Practicality is a bit subjective..I dont see the Vista loaders as particularly practical..:p

15. suckmyooga

Jun 13, 2009
    #35 suckmyooga, Jun 15, 2009
  16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Flash your bios first.

17. suckmyooga

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks so much for your help!

18. hawk2xl

hawk2xl MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2008
    hi, does anyone have a digital cert for the NEC Versa S3300. crashed my hdd and didn't make any restore disc. oem id is NECCAP

19. hawk2xl

hawk2xl MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2008
    finally managed to extract out neccap.xrm-ms from my corrupted tokens.dat

20. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Can you grab your SLIC with RWeverything and upload them so I can add them to the list??