Windows Vista anytime upgrade dvd from ISO

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jmsne, Nov 30, 2010.

1. jmsne

jmsne MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2010
    First let me say that I own a legal copy of oem Vista home premium from a laptop I purchased from HP. I have the hp recovery disks but I didn't receive a copy of vista with my purchase. I read that I can make an anytime upgrade dvd and then as long as I actually own the software I can use it to install a clean copy of vista on this machine without the HP garbage that would be on it with the recovery disks.

I have a dled ISO and I tried to burn the image onto a dvd, the image won't boot it goes to a screen with a bunch of strange messages and then has an A: prompt

I have never done this before so I have no clue why this does not work.

I used imgburn to create the dvd but for some reason it won't boot
    if someone could give me directions on how to create a bootable windows vista dvd I would very much appreciate it.

I am also in the process of downloading Vista x64 SP2 MSDN from another thread on this board if its easier to use that instead?

If I continue to download the vista x64 image and burn it onto a disk with imgburn will it be bootable because I am willing to wait the necessary time and just do that if its possible.

2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #2 ar_seven_am, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...