Windows Vista ISOs (Direct Download)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by WinDev, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Krishna_fire

Krishna_fire MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I downgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 2 months back and is rock solid stable, I feel it is the basis of Windows 7 and Windows 8 OSes..It works great with the latest hardware..It is also supported till April 2017..

I agree it was MS's fault initially since they did'nt specify the exact Hardware requirements to run it flawlessly and also it was advance in time..as most people were still using 256MB RAM at that time...and a slower graphics card and processor.

Windows 7 is nothing but Windows Vista+ Polish (taskbar, start menu, themes, color) and
    Windows 8 is nothing but Windows Vista+ Polish (taskbar, start menu, themes, color)+Modern UI

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I had licences for vista enterprise and all other editions from technet from 2010. Also never used even 1 licence.

Anyway the point is that there are direct links and that is good enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    my sentiments exactly. my mom's Dell E1405 which my brother and I bought for her back in summer 2007 came with pre-installed Vista (RTM) Home Basic Edition 32bit and I only experienced a few serious bugs with the original release of Vista. some of the serious problems with Vista were fixed in SP1 and then sort of optimized with SP2.

4. noene

noene MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2013
    hi,

The download seems password protected, or at least the ftp server requires a password?
    Did I miss that?

5. noene

noene MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2013
    thanks! You saved my notebook. Rescue partitions are great, especially when the drive fails...

Thanks again

6. ImDWreck

ImDWreck MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2013
    #27 ImDWreck, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Just wondering, do you have an unmodified ISO for 32-Bit & 64-Bit with just Ultimate, and no SP's installed? I assume like Windows 7 it's only a file that limits which Edition you can install so they are really all the same but for OCD purposes I'd like to only have the Ultimate option. Also for end users who don't know what they are doing and might choose Starter or HP instead :eek: .

Thanks, DWreck.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    IIRC Vista ISOs were multi-OS from the start. However, if the user entered his/her key then the selection screen was bypassed and the matching SKU installed.

You might be able to remove every index except the Ultimate one using the usual tools.

8. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    I give Windows Vista links with SP2 integrated and yes, both ISOs 32 and 64 have Ultimate.

9. eripey

eripey MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Can you update the iso 32-bit, that is password protected. Thanks.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    32-bit link updated.

Can someone give me Vista Enteprise x64 download link, I founded one but link is dead. :(

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #33 EFA11, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  13. huja

huja MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2013
    The last link (enterprise x64) does not work for me :(.

14. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Great work.

Can download win vista iso though now how many people would still need it.
    There is also the download link for win 8/8.1 on this forum but because of the demand, google is saying try again later.

15. huja

huja MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2013
    Hi acyuta
    You have to click on the blue "open" button at the bottom of the download page in google drive.
    And then click on "download". It worked for me. It bypassed the "try again later" message.

16. Koh Jun Dong

Koh Jun Dong MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2013
    Wow? Vista? I think if you let people choose between 7 & Vista. Seriously they'll choose 7. o_O

17. goonupa

goonupa MDL Novice

May 17, 2013
    I am a computer novice so forgive me for asking. I have a HCL netbook with 800 MHZ processor and windows vista home premium installed. It was a bit slow but working fine till a few days back. Then i had to extend the partition on which windows was installed because of space problem.Now it is crashing at start far too often.I thought of repair or re-install but can not find the OEM CD. My question is will the product key provided at the foot panel work with the SP2 software or should i use windows loader ?.Will there be any installation problems with the bios and inserted key?

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @goonupa

As it comes with Vista, then it already contains SLIC 2.0. So just do a fresh install & use Windows Loader. It'll install HCL cert & edition specific key.