Windows Vista Slow Boot Up.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Bob1936, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Bob1936

Bob1936 MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2007
    It seems to me that Windows Vista takes a LONG TIME to completely boot up. As near as I can time it, it is about 10 minutes. I'm wondering if the Norton Security Center is part of the problem?

Does anyone have some suggestions as to how to speed up the boot up process? Any help would be appreciated.

Bob.

2. Fzeven

Fzeven MDL Guru

May 8, 2007
    What kind of system do you have?

3. phatboyz

phatboyz MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    If your mobo has nvidia chipset and your hard drive supports NCQ you're likely to have this problem. I had the same problem as yours on my ASUS Crosshair mobo using Samsung HDD which supports NCQ. What I did was uncheck the NCQ option in Serial ATA properties section in the device manager. That cured the slow boot for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Everyone who gets a computer and does not put Vista on themselves, (ESPECIALLY HP/COMPAQ COMPUTERS) should do the following:

Windows Key + R to bring up the run box
    Type "services.msc" and click OK
    Accept the UAC bulls**t
    Search for any service that says Cyberlink, Roxio, or Sonic
    Go to Properties for that service, and change its startup to "Automatic-Delayed"

This will help your boot up time. Some HP laptops have reported 11+ minute bootups because of this problem.

5. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    you can also try various vista tweaking utilities which will speed up the boot time. Yamicsoft Vista Manager is one that comes to mind.

6. Eze2kiel

Eze2kiel MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2008
    Hello everyone from Argentina :)
    Excuse my poor English.

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate X64 in a SATA Hitachi HDT725032VLA360.
    The problem I have is that I pass exactly the same as the creator of the Thread...
    The screen of boot loading Vista takes me about 15 minutes on AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2x1GB DDR2 and ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard owned nVidia chipset.
    From where is disabled NCQ HD?
    Since I am not sure if my HD model possesses NCQ or not ...
    Apparently this I started to happen after installing SP1 Final with a crack for BIOS ASUS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!