Windows Vista vs Windows 7: upgrade suggested?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Antigen, Sep 17, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    yes but atm im dual booting 7 and xp. i dont use vista

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You have no slic. Which machine are you using, you have activation cracks for each??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    i use windows 7 and the motherboard is Foxconn. when ever i format windows 7 i use vista7slic ldr to activate it.im using it since may and have never faced any problem :D is that what you're asking?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yeah, thats what I am asking...

The loader is a short term fix most likely...Good luck though!!

5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    short term fix what do you mean by that :p :D ?

6. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I have a old dell laptop that vista will detect and install the sis vga drivers, but windows 7 detect vga driver and installs generic drivers for it but installs the other hardware. and dell or the sis dont have any drivers for vista and up. sooo stuck with vista, funny though becuase I have to install my wifi adapter to run windows update and then windows update installs the rest of the hardware for the laptop including sound, sis network. but yet dell nor sis say that dont have drivers.:confused:

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Your older vista sis vga drivers should work it may say they are unsigned when installing them but just go ahead and try.

8. Antigen

Antigen MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    But all the people have abandoned Windows Vista for 7???