Windows XP Archive (Genuine ISO)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Oz, Nov 2, 2010.

1. daniel.soderstrom

daniel.soderstrom MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2010
    Hi all,

excellent guide. However I am unable to retrieve the DELTA files below;

DELL_XP_HOME_SP3.DELTA
    DELL_XP_PRO_SP3.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_home_k_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x1 4-92386.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_home_kn_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x 14-92388.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_home_n_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x1 4-92393.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-92413.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-_OEM_.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_k_with_service_pack_3_x 86_cd_x14-92430.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_kn_with_service_pack_3_ x86_cd_x14-92432.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_n_with_service_pack_3_x 86_cd_vl_x14-78118.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_n_with_service_pack_3_x 86_cd_x14-92445.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_vl_x14-73974.DELTA
    en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_x14-_OEM_.DELTA

The two previous links in the thread does not work at all as of 28/04/2011

Can anyone please advise / assist me in obtaining the files required to complete the instructions on multiple ISO creation?

Thanks in advance
    Daniel S

2. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Two links? :confused:

There is only one link which points to a MediaFire folder!

It contains all the 13 delta files.

3. daniel.soderstrom

daniel.soderstrom MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2010
    Sebus, no need for excessive language. The link did not work at the time. It may have been temporarily down or was not reachable from my corporate network. However it works just fine now

Cheers
    DS

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ sebus, daniel.soderstrom is correct the link was working but the files could not be accessed when he reported it I checked it myself.

5. genetix

genetix MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2007
    #66 genetix, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
    Are the x64 DELTA files available? I'd love to make an untouched AIO ISO.

I know there's a thread with 4 already, but was wondering if there were addition for K/KN versions also?

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You call ******* excessive language? No idea what is on your mind

sebus

7. majeed-s

majeed-s MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    think you so much my friend,,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Which ISO do I use?

First of all, thanks to Lateshift for the fantastic post. I followed his clear instructions to the links and now I have 14 checksum checked ISO files of Win XP. My question, since I am not a computer expert, is which one do I use? This ISO will be installed on an old Dell OptiGX280 of my brother-in-law's so I assume it would be the Dell_XP_Pro_SP3.ISO but you all know what happens when one assumes so I thought I'd better ask the experts. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Yes, use the Dell one (you assumed good). You do not need to download anything else (as Tito try to advise), as you already HAVE the correct disk

sebus

11. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    #72 jetjock, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    Well, at the risk of getting flamed, I'm going to edit this and post it again in hopes of getting an answer!

Just out of curiosity, what would all the others be used for, or rather, how would I know which one to use where? Also, here I go assuming again, that to install this he will not need a serial number and will be able to update with no problems?

12. tumbleweed_biff

tumbleweed_biff MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    Exalted EPrick wrote: Buddy, the instructions suck. Every guide here is ****-poor written. When you teach somebody something, you hold their hand and do it step by step. You don't get ignorant and say download a delta file. Obviously, we don't know what a delta file is. Please use some commonsense. "

For those who bothered to take any science in high school or later, Delta is understood to represent "change". Thus, a delta file would be those things that need to change to arrive at destination Y from starting
    point X. Starting point X being the original XP Pro iso. Perhaps it would behoove you to return to high school and take some remedial science along with remedial English. The instructions were quite clear that you had to down load all files and the step by step as to how to extract and generate the desired files. Now, if you don't know what to do with an ISO file, as the OP stated if you don't know your head from your arse (paraphrase), this might not be for you ... Sadly, sense is no longer common ...

13. tumbleweed_biff

tumbleweed_biff MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    Actually Jetjock, you DO need a valid license number to use any of these legitimately.

Now, where would you use any given one? Let's say you are helping a friend and fixing their computer. Perhaps your own OS needs repair, but you can't find the CD, or perhaps your friend can't find his XP Home retail and all you own is XP pro. Rather than having to go out and repurchase media or license, and to avoid using your valid XP Pro key to reinstall your friend's Home (or some such variant) you instead use this neat little package to generate the exact CD that came with your friends original purchase, thus saving the day and becoming the local hero. I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated by this whole CD version crap and so wish I had discovered this stuff years ago.

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You ALWAYS need a legit licenskey to activate any version of Windows operating system and have it validated.

Read my guide, it explains exactly what to do, if you have complaints, ideas etc write in that thread:)

15. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Actually Dell has always included a serial on their XP CD's, so nothing needs to be typed during install. When used on a Dell system that originally shipped with any version of XP, no activation is needed.

As per usual you have no idea what is going on or being asked.

16. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I read this:
    So im assuming that someone asked wether he/she needs a key to install and update without any problems, is that correct or not?

And I also read:
    &

Which confirms my "suspicions" of the above quote.

Have I missed anything that isnt written here?

To clearify: A guy (Jock) wants to download the dell xp sp3 iso, he asks wether he needs a key to activate/update without problems (he's assuming he DOESNT need one which is wrong).

17. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    if the CD is original DELL than NO KEY IS REQUIRED as the OEM SLP key would be installed during setup.
    if the CD is a homebrew than it may or may not require a key depending on how it was built.

18. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    As in nearly every one of your posts, you are wrong.

Perhaps time you find a new hobby, or at least keep your misinformation in your own threads.

19. DLM955

DLM955 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2010
    Is there a problem with DELL_XP_PRO_SP3.DELTA on Mediafire? I was able to download all deltas but that one. I know first post says you need all of them... but i went ahead and ran program to create iso's. It worked I checked hash files against what is listed in post...of course I did not get that one but have all the rest...just wanted to let someone know about this.