Windows XP OEM (SLP) SP3 BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by oddballracing, Apr 3, 2009.

1. oddballracing

oddballracing MDL Junior Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hey Guys, just noticed this re-installing windows on a dell XPS 600:

If i use the windows XP PRO OEM SLP SP2 Install cd supplied with the computer, windows installs, configures and boots fine (sp2)

If i take the same cd, copy to a directory on my machine, use nlite to ONLY do the following -slipstream and create bootable iso - my nForce storage controller drivers disappear, and following textmode & Plug-n-Play setup, windows will not boot (I get BSOD with no specifics, Just error code 0x00000007B with some parameters.

I did use floppy disk(s) which i am not 100% sure about to install the nvidia drivers (newest for the chipset right from nvidia) so there may have been corruption in that process.

I wilkl keep trying a couple different methods to sort this issue out, but if there is a relatively obvious reason for this, i would love to know what it is. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    that BSOD is unmountable boot device. You do not have the right storage controller drivers built into your CD. It has nothing to do with slipstreaming, the nForce drivers are not the best for slipstreaming, there are a lot of articles detailing the process that must be followed for the drivers to work. If the drive is detected during the text setup portion of install then I would not worry about integrating Mass Storage Device Drivers into it.