Windows XP Produt Version Change

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by s32ialx, Mar 14, 2014.

1. s32ialx

s32ialx MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2014
    Hey Guys this is my first post because of a piece of software I have lost over the years.

Long Story Short I'm repairing a laptop for a friend, I have my own copy of MCE 2005 but it's Retail OEM not Reseller OEM.

As in it's not a branded OEM.

[Pid]
    ExtraData=786F687170637175716954806365EF
    Pid=76487000

which is fine as my legit key works with it but my friends key does not...

I got MCE installed but it won't accept his key even after the install the Activation says Incorrect Key

I don't know what do do I tried using the OEMBIOS changer in the stickied post to no avail...

I need to get this activated and updated asap esp now with XP EoL coming up really soon..

There used to be a piece of software out there that could change the type of windows you had

Windows XP (Home/PRO/MCE) (VLK/OEM/Retail)

anyone remember this and can offer a d/l link to it would be greatly apperciated

or can I alter my ISO to accept his key?

if so what do I do to change my ISO to accept his key.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Did you check to see which OEM the machine matches, then use the oembios files indicated?? No reason the changer wont activate it unless no SLP exists...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s32ialx

s32ialx MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks all... I did get it fixed using the long route

I was hoping for the program because it does all the changes for you as well as for Server 2003 Product Versions as well.

It took me a while to figure it out but i realized that I need to put the OEM files in the i386 folder.