windows xp situation

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by lovestudio, Oct 1, 2014.

1. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Linux is not immune to virus, but there are much less virus for Linux than Windows. Some webpages can also infect computers.

2. lovestudio

lovestudio MDL Member

Mar 24, 2014
    #22 lovestudio, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    (OP)
    the situation continues!

Well, I took my 2008 pc, so modern, with 2009 bios. Made multiboot dvd with xp and 2000, again the same situation as on the old pc, before install (partitioning,etc...), I see blue screen. no way, well, IDE in bios selected all the rest is good. Now I have windows vista installed there. WIndows 7,8 and most linux with multiboot goes good for install!
    Well, I took and did boot dvd with only windows xp and it runs for partitioning and install process, the same I did with windows 2000 on separate boot dvd and what after uploading and check every process, i.e. , preparing for install, at the place of blue screen, I see black screen, I waited 5 min, but nothing happened.

So, your thoughts, anyone can try to make this process till selection a partition for install on modern pc?, then we can check what is going on as the matter of fact.

Images are clean, downloaded from here.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    BSOD on XP blue screen of death normally hardware faults unlike newer windows os system windows xp does really hit hardware when installing.

4. lovestudio

lovestudio MDL Member

Mar 24, 2014
    yeah, but as you use it is only on multiboot dvd. when with 1 windows boot, then windows xp goes, and windows 2000 just black screen at the step where they both had BSOD. What suggestions? Probably only from cd windows 2000 can be installed, cos I do it from dvd, though I do not think so.

5. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
  6. lovestudio

lovestudio MDL Member

Mar 24, 2014
    I did , but the same thing.

7. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Well, the board doesn't have sATA, the source ISO you're using is untouched, you tried installing from CD, you have tried the BIOS and hardware tips above, and you still have a BSOD. I'm out of suggestions...

8. lovestudio

lovestudio MDL Member

Mar 24, 2014
    but there must be no suggestions, just anyone who has this image, and modern computer, let him/her try to pass this process till preparation for partitions, and we shall see, probably no modern computer can do this.:cool: