Windows XP SP3 with OEMBIOS, no serial needed?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by mcbyte, Aug 1, 2009.

1. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Maybe late, but only now i discovered this SLP to activate XP as OEM.

I modded my old PC bios with awardtool113 to SLIC2.1 for HP and also SLP 1.0 HP, then i installed a Windows XP Professional SP3 Retail cd with no key during install, then with the VLK2OEM Tool i copied the HP oem bios files to their correct place and rebooted, now i get that windows is activated and i entered no key wherever... is this correct?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yes. The key was inserted in when the tool ran. There is a folder full of key.bat for this purpose.

You have done it correctly, but be sure the key was put in by the tool :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    ok, i saw that folder with many key.bat files, but does it detect the slp manufacturer automatically? if then then it's a great method :)

4. hersounds

hersounds MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    interesting...i have biostar tpower i45 with HP slic 2.1 mod,win 7 in second partition,and xp sp 3 in another,so what tools or files i need to doing this process with xp sp 3,in a next fresh install.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If you requested original mod then you should know what you flashed your bios with was it HP SLIC2.1 and HP SLP1 if you are not sure do search on forum for oembios.exe run that it will tell you what OEM bios files you need for XP but considering you are allready running i don't understand the question or are you running a vlk version ?

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    OEMBIOS.exe is in either VLK2OEM or OEMBIOS changer tool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It installs the key for the OEMBIOS set it is installing. Each set has a CRC32 value for the .cat file that is unique. The tool reads this and sets the key accordingly.

You have to know the SLP you are installing the OEMBIOS files for. You can have may SLP strings in bios.