Windows XP takes long time to load then gives 0000007E

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tusharkalbhor, Jun 14, 2013.

1. tusharkalbhor

tusharkalbhor MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Hi

I have a Desktop with AMD Atholn X2 processor with Asus M2N68 AM SE2 board. 2 GB RAM

For some days it was working too slow. And then suddenly it started taking long time like 10 minutes or more to load windows.
    I actually never waited to finish this. I would reboot after 10 minutes. Once I decided to wait. I waited and after 20-30 minutes it gave 0000007E BSOD.

I checked the Power supply. I have a similar computer, so i put that harddisk in this system and it can boot.
    So i guess no problem with hardware.

I also tried with safe mode, last known good configuration. it gives same BSOD with last known good configuration and sage mode doesnt end after 30 minutes.

can any one suggest??

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why don't you try and backup system or any needed files,format and reinstall windows. that will rule out software errors and obviously if it still occurs then it is hardware. Have you checked ram.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Any USB drives booting, or other usb connected while booting???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #4 LatinMcG, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    its looking like bad hdd or windows issues... one time i noticed that blackberry desktop manager uhh the media manager was making it very slow boot.
    it was looking for usb device lol.. i removed and pc was fast boot.

5. tusharkalbhor

tusharkalbhor MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2010
    i connected the hdd to another computer for backup , and it made the host computer terribly slow.
    checke with seatools and it told me that HDD is bad.

Kicking myself for not backing up earlier :mad: