Windows XP x32 + Windows 10 EnterpriseS 2016 x64

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Tiger-1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm, I seriously thought about doing a crazy experiment on my main machine; 1st install our old and beloved Windows XP in MBR ignoring that my hardware has 32GB of RAM and on another partition install Windows 10 EnterpriseS 2016 also in MBR only to see what happens well at least for me I'm not afraid of virus or things just like that and Xperience and if I have give any problem return the original configuration secureboot etc. etc...:shisha: using correct tools ;):)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Why not run Windows XP-x86 in VMware on a separate partition?
    I do this with my Windows 10 2016 LTSB and it works very well for me...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #4 Tiger-1, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    (OP)
    yay, really is one other option dude, although I see sometimes ago that is possible make some specie of fool O.S. related to memory but I don't remember more unfortunately for x86 of course because for x64 NO drivers hmm I need search more ;):(
    Edit: forget about develop something related to Windows XP AMD haven't drivers only for for Windows 7 ;)

4. Some games will not run at all in virtual machines. A good rule of the thumb is if the game requires OpenGL then it will fail. Games in VM works by Direct3D. A good example of this would be the StarWars KOTOR game series. These will never run in a vm, any vm. VMWare, VirtualBox are the same, so don't kid yourself into thinking that one is better than the other.
    It can't be done, for multiple reasons: RAM, storage, CPU, GPU and BIOS/UEFI. Your RAM is too large for XP, your SSD/HDD uses SATA and it will pose problems if you don't use the correct driver, your CPU will not be supported as well as your GPU, and if you happen to use UEFI (regardless of CSM) it will make life difficult.

The simplest way would be to just buy an old laptop and use that for retro gaming. Or, use Linux with Wine and emulate the games. This what I currently use, and I can play almost everything.