Windows7 Office genuine advantage notifications released via WU

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jkh334, Aug 26, 2009.

1. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    You are right, Hazar!

2. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Ok, perhaps my question's a bit noob, but I have the two lines in my hosts file. I also received the WGA update. Can I apply this update or should I hide it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Hmmm... It seems, that this OGA update didn´t hit the german market... I haven´t received it, since the update came out.

I would hide the update.

4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    with the supremo fix you can install it just fine fyi

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jopplehead

Jopplehead MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks BTW!, I did this and the hosts file trick does indeed work. I was even able to get power point templates at MS just as a test with that trick! :D No crack for me :)

6. PedrooNL

PedrooNL MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't get it. Which line has to be added?

7. Jopplehead

Jul 30, 2009
    He posted the lines earlier in the post (See Quote Above). This I think only works if you have NOT already been caught with OGA. (I could be wrong). I first added lines to hosts file and then was able to download and install OGA from the update and never has it informed me of being non legit :)

8. Mr_MKE

Mr_MKE MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2009
    Nonsense! If you think Microsoft is crap, use some other software. There's plenty out there. You can't blame a company, any company, for trying to protect their investments. Think of the fun you'd be missing if there was no OGA or WGA on their products. Then it would be just like Linux. :D

9. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I hid the windows genuine update and now I can't unhide it. I don't have anything in my host file. Can't find it on WU anymore. Weird

10. Jopplehead

Jul 30, 2009
    That's interesting because when I try to hide ANYTHING in Windows Update... it only stays hidden during that session. If I go back and check for more updates... the old update I hid re-appears :mad: Of course your problem is different... yours hid permanently. Hmmmm

11. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I think they took down the wga update from wu. Can anyone confirm if it shows up?

12. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    its still there. my mother in law installed it today and she called me asking how to fix it lol..

13. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I'm pretty sure some updates are distributed geographicaly. Some get them, some don't. I never thought I'd say I want the wga cr*ap, but I do.

14. zebra14

zebra14 MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    Supremo Phantom's crack - trojan dropper?

I tried emailing the Supremo Phantom crack to a friend and got back a message from my mail server saying it has a trojan dropper in it.

Here's the message:

Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Virus Trojan.Dropper-19980 found in mail - rejected

FYI - I am not sure if it's a false positive but best be safe.

15. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    NO CRACKS REQUIRED NO CRACKS REQUIRED NO CRACKS REQUIRED

Just run the "script to pass OGA" I made, and you are done.

16. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Do you happen to have more info and a link to this script?

Thanks!

17. zebra14

zebra14 MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    I tried that (your script) and it failed. It put in all the host file entries (thanks) but it did not stop Office 2003 from failing the OGA test.

18. marsovac

marsovac MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    It seems that it depends on the used Serial Number(?)
    There are two very well known S/N for MS O2K7 Enterprise, one got OGA through WU the other one didn't...
    ??? Anyone else having the same experience?

19. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Windows7 Office genuine advantage notifications update only on Windows 7 x86. On the x64 nothing.