Windows7 updates itself with KB2859537 again and again

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pamadhilwankalan, Jul 24, 2014.

1. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I am running Windows7 Ultimate. I noticed that for the past one month windows7 updates after every 7 days with an update called KB2859537 again and again. i install it and it appears in "update history" also. but when i see "installed updates" it appears nowhere. i doesn't appear. but "update History" shows it installed successfully. please help me again

2. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Searching on Google shows lots of questions about KB2859537 and KB2859537 / KB2872339 continually attempting to install but no answers are given.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    KB2859537 is a botched update that caused no end of problems to end users, best to uninstall it, and if WU shows that update just right click on it and hide the update!

5. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    #6 E_B_M, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Couple things I would try, YMMV...

1) Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete the contents of the Download folder ONLY (not the Download folder itself) then manually run Check for Updates in Windows Update.

If no joy...

2) Remove Outdated Windows Updates Using Disk Cleanup. Run the cleanup then manually run Check for Updates in Windows Update

If still no joy...

3) Manually download & install the update. Run the .MSU appropriate to your system (x86 or x64) then manually run Check for Updates in Windows Update.

If still no joy sorry, I'm out of ideas... I suppose you could "hide" the update as a last resort.:eek:

PS: I wanted to post links to dl the update & good tute for Windows Updates Cleanup but was unable to add links due to low post count (long time lurker)

DISCLAIMER: It would be a good idea to (at least) make a system restore point before you try these, a full backup would be better.