WindSLIC boot CD

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Sep 3, 2009.

1. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    updated, started adding error checking

2. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    replaced ADODB code, so the source wont be flagged as a ADODB
    exploit any more.

3. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey,

Should I remove your previous project "VBS based bootloader" from my guide? is it replaced with this one?

thanks and keep up the good work :)

4. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    I probably wont maintain the vbs bootlader, so go ahead and remove it.

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Why does your "open source" act*vator attempt to act as a server to accept incoming connections whenever I run it...and when I disallow it from doing so, it cashes...?

6. privatehun

privatehun MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    How to Use This Loader

How to use this loader??

What is no bootloader & SLIC in Bootmgr ???

7. dzadzev

dzadzev MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Interesting ;)

8. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    you have the source, be a hero and find the code that does what you say
    and bust me. you can also disasemble the .exe I have nothing to hide.

compile the source and compare the binaries.

9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #29 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    "Bust you"? I have no intention of doing such things. I was just curious why when I attempt to run it, my dinky little software firewall tells me the program is attempting to accept incoming connections, so I disallow it, and it crashes... I really dont want to bother with installing VB just to look into what is doing this (I would rather just delete the thing and continue living my life)...I just thought you may have some insight, being the author and all...I guess maybe I was wrong?

10. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    the slmgr commands do this..

11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #31 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    lol...this is not from the slmgr commands, as it should then do it in other apps that run slmgr if that were true (e.g. not just this one...additionally, this app does it right when it starts, so unless nononsence has it throw a slmgr command first thing on open, I dont see how slmgr fits into the equation...). Thanks for the input though. :)

12. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I rememeber that someone said that one of the commands just open some incoming connections..
    anyway it may be just bulls**t..

13. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #33 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that I use the slmgr commands regularly, but I use them a lot...I have never used a slmgr command that opens ports to accept incoming connections (maybe KMS activation commands, but I thought that this app was for retail/OEM offline activation, not KMS activation)...unless this app uses a different command than I have used before...but why use it on open? ...and when you disallow it from opening the port it crashes... *shrug*

EDIT: Ehh....I'll just delete it I guess. It is too bothersome to install VB just to figure out the issue, and obviously untermesch does not care too much about it. I was just curious why it was happening is all...not worth the time to get into. Thanks for the code I guess, have a good one. :)

14. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    you can look at the source by opening form1.vb with notepad
    show us the code that is opening a network connection.

15. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #35 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    Why should I have to go through your code to find it...? I can give you a screen shot of the firewall blocking it... Fix your own code...

Its a random port each time.. port 56xxx

Maybe its a VB runtime triggering it, but as I said before, I'm not gonna install VB and waste time and HD space just do it. It was a simple question that I thought you may be able to answer (I know that if I authored the app that I might know a little something about how it works, or at least have some insight in to it)...but if not then forget about it. It is not worth making a big deal about... Have a good day. :)

Attached Files:

16. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    thanks Ill install that pc tools firewall and a packet sniffer and see whats
    going on.

17. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    the act*vator is quering windows WMI service, I suggest you remove that
    s**tty free firewall.

18. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #38 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    What firewall would you suggest I download then that (a) is free, (b) does not force me to install an anti-virus program with it, and (c) does not pester me with nags about buying the full version of the product, or ads of any kind for that matter...?

I know it is not the best (and I certainly do not use it with the expectation of any sort of protection)...all I use it for is to run in the background all the time and tell me when programs open connections without my knowing. Other than that I have no use for it... Thanks for the answer, I already deleted the program... All soft firewalls are garbage for the most part. I just like to know when programs are opening ports is all, as that is all I use it for (so why pay for a s**tty software firewall when I can get one for free...and I am not forced to install an anti-virus app with it (I don't need 2 antivirus apps), so that is a plus).
    This is one of the reasons I don't use VB...to much bloated garbage and runtime crap. It makes writing a program easy as hell, but it is not my cup of tea. I guess thanks for your insight. Again, have a good day. :)

19. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    I designed the activator to query wmi, its not runtime crap, if I wrote it in C++ it still would have problems with that firewall.

20. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #40 HotCarl, Sep 6, 2009
    Oh, c'mon, you know what the heck I mean. Don't play dumb just to be argumentative. I may be incorrect in this instance of you coding something to query WMI, but VB is a bloated inefficient language... It is great for simple little apps to do simple little things, that is about it. That is why I was assuming that a runtime may have been the culprit...evidently I was wrong.

Anyway, don't want to turn this into a negative VB comment...if it isn't already too late for that. I was just curious what was happening. Apparently my "s**tty firewall" is to blame. Help me than figure out which is a good one, so atleast something beneficial can come of this...