WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. MrKiasu

MrKiasu MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2007
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I am new to this. Could anyone post some instructions, requirements, what versions of Windows 7 can be used, etc. I mean all things needed to put me in context. Please.

4. MrKiasu

MrKiasu MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2007
    I don't know what to say about the error from EasyUEFI, but it's possible that your memory configuration means there's no space for WindSLIC to work with. Daz said it could happen, and not being the original author of WindSLIC, I can't tell you how flexible it is or why it might fail in your case.

Try downloading the debug build from the mega folder and see what it tells you.

5. yuriy_pyzankov

yuriy_pyzankov MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2014
    Классно. У меня все получилось с первого раза на русской версии windows! Я в шоке, как все просто и быстро. (Cool. I did the first time on the Russian version of windows! I'm in shock, as all simply and quickly.)
    View attachment 26281

6. Tom_Neverwinter

Tom_Neverwinter MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2013
    I have a ASUS laptop (Q500A.208)
    I tried the .bat file but I didn't have any luck
    This isn't a desktop.
    There isnt a certificate or slic (according to slic toolkit 3.2)
    after running the bat file it states; Winslic boot entry not found.

am I doing this correctly?

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Now, try it manually... :tea:

8. chefsprocket

chefsprocket MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2014
    Hi all.

I'm new to mydigitallife but i've been reading up quite a bit on Daz's loader and windslic since I'll finally be moving to 7 with my new build (yep, still old school XP ;)).

Thanks all for your hard work!! Really, you guys are very generously giving of your time to do all this work and we can't say thanks enough. I'll be giving windslic a try in a week or two I'll post my results.

Thought I'd mention too that the mediafire link to the activator in the first post is broken.

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Its working; have you installed Dell cert?

10. BustyLoli-Chan

BustyLoli-Chan MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Probably not... I have no idea what I'm doing...

Also, that's kind of disappointing since I just completely reinstalled a specific OEM copy because I thought it would only work with an OEM version...

Now I seem to get an error that all the keys I'm trying to use are blocked.... (EDIT: nevermind wasn't booting the right EFI)
    I still haven't used a "Dell cert" I have no idea how to get one or how to use one if I had it

More information on this would be appreciated

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. BustyLoli-Chan

BustyLoli-Chan MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Alright... I have everything almost working except for one problem...

My bios only has an option to select "OS boot loader"
    and the only OS boot loader it seems to look for, is the one located at "EFI\Microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi"

It does not give a damn about what bcdedit says
    and I have ripped just about every other file "EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi" "EFI\Microsoft\boot\mootmgr.efi" out of the drive
    but it still gives no s**ts.... looks for bootmgfw.efi and boots that

I've also tried replacing boomgfw.efi with windSLIC.efi itself but then all I get is a black screen when I boot...

The only way to get my machine to boot with injected SLIC is to hit escape at boot time
    manually select the "Licensed Boot" option (the bcdedit entry that points to "EFI\WindSLIC\WindSLIC.efi")

I don't know what to do...

13. MrKiasu

MrKiasu MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2007
    Note that for win7, the MSDM table is irrelevant. Due to how this build of WindSLIC works, you'll still need a key.txt file, but it doesn't matter what you put in there.