WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Most BIOSes are extremely buggy, and it's always very difficult to get a "clean" UEFI boot menu. I've seen BIOS that always duplicate the entries when WindSLIC is installed, and as soon as you delete one of them, they will re-create the entry again at the next reboot :(

I've also seen BIOS that won't change the path of the EFI executable on an existing entry, no matter how hard you try to modify it. Usually the only solution is to completely erase all EFI entries and create them again.

All in all, UEFI implementation in most BIOSes is very poor and it's riddled with bugs. (Especially on Lenovo and HP laptops, those are the absolute worst)

2. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    Downloading the Installer_EFI_cli.zip file, how do I set up the program so that the bootmgfw.efi file should be replaced rather than create a new Item in the EFI menu and install the certificate that I would like? It is possible to obtain certificates of each brand in exe format?

Thanks

Bye

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    balubeto,

I don't think it's possible to do that.

There is a special WindSLIC efi executable compiled by nononsence on the third of August of 2012 which can read a bootmgfw.bak file, but it's hardcoded with the ACER slic only.

Remember that Microsoft doesn't care about your brand or model. Using any brand other than ACER is, in my humble opinion, just a complete waste of time.

Don't waste your time, use it for something useful. If you want, you can put an ACER sticker on the case of your computer if it makes you feel better.

4. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    It depends on the motherboard of your computer. Some motherboards include advanced firmware options and will let you add or remove items from the EFI menu.

But unfortunately some other motherboards don't offer you that capability. In that case, you'll be forced to use Microsoft's BCDEDIT.EXE tool, or the Easy UEFI tool mentioned in a previous post.

6. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    By using the bcdedit command, how do I delete the Injector item from the EFI menu making sure that Windows 7 remains activated yet?

Thanks

Bye

7. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Almost 3 weeks and you still do not have it working why don't you request a bios mod.

9. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
  10. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    No, sorry, I don't know of any way to test that in a Virtual Machine. The only method I know is testing on real, physical hardware.

But make a backup of your hard disk first! Better be safe than sorry.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Better yet, get a second-hand HDD in good condition!! :D
    I have two 2.5" HDD for testing purposes.

12. thietbibaoquang

thietbibaoquang MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2014
    Sorry guys, I've never used the XP version of SLIC injector. I've use the Windows 7 one made by Daz. Now I have a Windows XP SP2 loaded into a AMD X2 mobo/cpu with a nforce chipset. Do I just run WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector and follow the prompts basically? Is it just one file or two?

Some newbie step by steps would be greatly appreciated. Reading the tuts just makes it more confusing. For example, what the heck is the diff bet SLIC 2 and 2.1? How do we know which one. My computer has 2 more days be fore it expires and I am short on time.

13. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007

windslic is not for XP

14. Kespa

Kespa MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2014
    Hello, i tried to activate my windows with this method. So i installed the installer and the key cert. But now i cannot access to my BIOS (uefi) setup !

Can you help me please ? Thank you

Sorry for my english

15. facePalmer

facePalmer MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2014